somebody post something interesting!!!

B

birdieman

Aaaarghh, somebody post something, I need to be entertained!
Dear oh dear the fare over the last few days has been very dull indeed!
Come on you lot, tell us something amusing/controversial/ rude....pppllleeeasse.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I can get the below

G5 3-SW (used)
G5 3 wood (used)
Vokey Spin (new)
New bag (say £100)

all for £536 inc p+p on fleabay, the R7 new form golfonline retails the above for £657 (4-sw), thats about as exciting as a morning I have had this week.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not golf related however I found this interesting..
I was working in Dublin last night on software conversion from a competitors program to ours and on the way home back up to Bangor in thick fog, I had my fuji s9500 with me, and got a few pictures of the Boyne Bridge between Drogheda and Dundalk.
The rest of the pics are still on the memory stick but have put this onto my notebook as my desktop image now as its a little surreal with the fog and lights.
Info on the bridge itself
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyne_River_Bridge

And one of the pics, remember this is a bridge not a tunnel.
DSCF0788.jpg

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have just bought a pink Titleist carry bag off ebay. This will clash horribly with my lime green trousers.

You are lucky you live in Scotland, because from much further south than Manchester you will start to see the glow.

B

birdieman

Good stuff, that's more like it.
Brendy that looks like Close Encounters footage!
Pink and lime - watching too many Miami Vice reruns on Men and Motors perhaps?
Ham, beetroot and humous - you did better than me, greasy sausage roll and an apple turnover was my lot - the lunch of champions!

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I know it's off topic but speaking of bridges, this has got to be one of the most spectacular in the world:

millau.jpg

*I* thought it was interesting, anyway...

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
You want interesting Birdieman !!!!!!!!!!!!

When launched from the face of the driver, the ball's velocity when it hits the ground is nowhere near what it was when the ball was hit. Typically for a 100mph swing speed (using an 11-degree lofted driver, a 200-gram head weight, a 0.825 COR, and a perfect on-center hit), the ball velocity at impact will be approximately 148mph. But by the time the ball hits the ground, the ball’s speed has dramatically dropped to only 47.5mph! This is largely due to friction between the ball and the air while in flight, which is also compounded by the ball’s backspin causing even more friction. The result is that the speed decays while the ball is in the air. This also means if you are unfortunate enough to get in the way of the shot, it is far better that happens at the end of the ball’s flight rather than at the beginning!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is as near to interesting as us lawyers get

Charlotte , North Carolina
A lawyer purchased a box of very rare and expensive cigars, then insured them against, among other things, fire.
Within a month, having smoked his entire stockpile of these grea cigars and without yet having made even his first premium payment on the policy the lawyer filed a claim against the insurance company.

In his claim, the lawyer stated the cigars were lost "in a series of small fires."
The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason, that the man had consumed the cigars in the normal fashion.

The lawyer sued and WON!

(Stay with me.)

Delivering the ruling, the judge agreed with the insurance company that the claim was frivolous. The judge stated nevertheless, that the lawyer held a policy from the company, which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable, and also guaranteed that it would insure
them against fire, without defining what is considered to be
unacceptable "fire" and was obligated to pay the claim.
Rather than endure lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance company accepted the ruling and paid $15,000 to the lawyer for his loss of the cigars lost in the "fires".

NOW FOR THE BEST PART...

After the lawyer cashed the check, the insurance company had him arrested on 24 counts of ARSON!!!
With his own insurance claim and testimony from the previous case being used against him, the lawyer was convicted of intentionall burning his insured property and was sentenced to 24 months in jail and a $24,000 fine.
This is a true story and was the First Place winner in the recent Criminal Lawyers Award Contest.

THIS HAPPENS ONLY IN AMERICA

T

thecraw

The female midge is the biter, not the male as she needs a blood meal before she can reproduce.

So for all you midgue hater just thank feck that the male aslo doesnt bite or it would be cannibalism in Scotland!!!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you know that one of the strongest arguments for the US army not allowing women to be front line soldiers is that an estimated 92% of applicants cannot throw a hand grenade far enough to escape the blast radius.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I drove 250 miles out of my way to drive over the Norman Foster bridge at Milau, (pictured above). It was so enveloped in clouds, that you could hardly see the bridge at all, even when driving on it, and there was no view downwards at all. There is a viewing gallery, which we didn't stop at, as there was no point.

That must be taken on the one clear day they get per year.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
When in doubt, if you want to talk about something interesting, then the weather's a good start.

It was quite cold here in Edinburgh this morning. You'll be used to this weather, Birdieman.

cold-weather-2.jpg

Hoping it gets a bit warmer soon for the golf. But maybe not as dry as this.

sandstorm-big.jpg

Or if you're bored, here's my favourite ever YouTube video, because it makes me happy to be alive.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cjNs-C1Xt0E

Don't worry, Stu. Be happy.

:D