Some drills to help me stop pulling the ball please.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone have any good drills or tips to help me stop pulling the ball.

I have gone from slicing to having a very very very slight draw but tend to pull more of them straight left.

Cheers

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a wee look on YouTube last night and watched a good clip. Guy kept it simple and I now think I know what I'm doing wrong.

I am still swinging out to in. Need to drop the club a bit on the down swing...

This might not make sense to you but hope it will work for me.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Slice and Pull are not all that dis-similar - just face open and square resp with an out to in swing.

Bob's Headcover Drill should get you swinging more in to square, though the cause of your out-to-in swing could well be earlier in the set-up or backswing - so you might be adding an adjustment to correct/overcome a fault/tendency, which might end up quite ugly (aka Furyk)!

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have the same issue when my timing is out, trying to swing to fast / hard and my shoulders are open at impact pulling the shot left.

Might help slowing down a bit and working on your tempo

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Just keep your upper body turning properly... no need to change anything else. If you stall or slow down your turn the arms start to close the clubface too early. When you pull one you can sometimes literally feel that you've pulled it the moment you hit it... that's because you know you've not swung through properly. That the place to start.. don't change your grip or swingpath, clubface, etc or anything else.. that's the road to the hacker's 1000 quick fixes path of despair ;)