Solar panels , would you ?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Question for the people with solar for over a year now.
At the end of June, should we have reached 50% of our annual generation, or is the annual weighting uneven?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very good day today

Imported 11.8 kWh of electricity at 7.5p a unit , plus a standing charge of 0.48p so £1.37

However I exported 19.8kwh at 15p a unit .. £2.97

Hopefully a few more days like this to level out the days I dont export as much .. would be great to have a cost neutral month

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Down here in the South West, June has been a pretty ropey month so far.
There's a slight possibility that I may not even generate as much as in May.
Five days left in June and so far have generated 409kWh, compared to 484kWh during May.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Down here in the South West, June has been a pretty ropey month so far.
There's a slight possibility that I may not even generate as much as in May.
Five days left in June and so far have generated 409kWh, compared to 484kWh during May.
We do 14 a day instead of 11.7 we did in May. Sunny London, I have to stop doing holidays in the SW.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's what I thought.

That's very good

June is touch and go ATM. I'm on the verge of having the first month ever of export covering my standing charge and usage (I use a lot of electricity)

Problem is the hotter days mean the air con goes on to cool the kids down.

However outside chance next month as octopus have just lowered my import from 7.5p to 7p so who knows

Octopus claim I use 6611 kWh but in reality that's all I buy from them , last year I used 9600 kWh but the bill from Octopus at the new 7p rate using the solar and battery would come in at £671 which I think is outstanding . Doesn't include any export , which would be a further £150 off that bill