So who is going to flop (not the shot) at the open?

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
What do we reckon? There are so many players with so much hype surrounding them, inevitably some of these will put up a poor showing and be going home at the halfway stage.

A lot of our swindle have money on Rose to win. I cannot see it happening and wouldn't be surprised to see him miss the cut.

My other tips for the flop; Montgomerie, Furyk, Garcia & Poulter.

At the bookies I have Lee Westwood for the win (11/1), Mediate e/w (200/1) and Graeme McDowell e/w (28/1).

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Westwood, he putted like Sergio on the last day of last years open last week, can see him only just making the cut.

Monty to miss cut, I agree. Also agree with you Homer about Cabrera, where has his confidence gone?

Rose, interesting one to call, cant see him doing much.

Anyone else staying up for the Open Preview tonight??

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After hearing Monty's "You are only here because of me" comments to a Sky sound guy at the European Open I seriously hope he goes about 300 over par!

So Monty for me but given the form he's in making the cut will be success!

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
I'll certainly be staying up for the preview tonight. It's on BBC2 at 11:20pm.

As for flops/winners at the Open, I am just looking forward to a great tournament played over a great course.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Monty, Rose, Poulter, Cabrera, Daly (could be so spectacularly awful the previous winner rule might change!)

The ones on the border line who could go either way (high finish or won't make the cut:
Ernie, Kim, Choi, Snedecker, Immelman, Scott, Villegas, Austin

OldWindy

Q-School Graduate
www.fronhaul-aberdovey.co.uk
Poulter, Dougherty and Rose. All flops. Monty wont be there to flop.

Westwood is steady-eddie but hasn't shown killer instinct of late. Hate to say it but I can't see this man winning a major; that's not to say I wouldn't be pleased if he did, though.

Sooooo much hype around Garcia this time round that there's a flop in the making if ever I saw one.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
If Garcia flops I will be so drunk on Sunday night with my head in my hands asking myself again + again why do I support him, why do I put myself through it, he has to do it! COME ON SERGIO!!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ogilvy and Goosen missing the cut wouldn't surprise me. But then again these are two players that on any given day can cut it with the very best. Having looked back at past results an e/w bet on one of the amateurs can be very profitable every so often. Could be worth a punt if you like a risk. I still haven't decided where my money is going at the moment. Kaymer and Casey e/w are tempting me at the moment.

hellbunker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i hope Poulter breaks a leg and Monty misses by a gazillion...i think its going to be one heck of an Open this year....all the guys will be up for it without Tiger in the field...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Monty for sure, followed by Rose and Mickleson. Cabrera must be on a real downer after Loch Lomond, Poulter is just a poser and G-Mac has played well for a couple of weeks and is due a bad one.

Hope I'm wrong but I've got a feeling Ernie's going to have a shocker................