So, what gives you the most satisfaction?

Jason.H

Visit site
My 3 wood off the tee has an amazingly satisfying feel and sound.
Waiting on the 17th tee today on my own I attempted a trick shot, placed the ball on an upslope opened up my lob wedge and with the ball forward in the stance a full swing the ball went up high and landed behind me. Not sure if I’ll ever get to do it a comp.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I've got into the habit of talking myself through my shots as it helps me clarify exactly what it is im trying to do - its pretty satisfying when it happens exactly as I said/wanted it to.

Had a couple of in an Open on Saturday. It was breezy so was clubbing up and swinging easy, letting the wind bring them back. I called then executed both shots exactly as I'd stated , both were approach shots that ended up with 6ft birdie putts (which I then missed ?).

Worst ones are when I do this with little chips and pitches before thinning or chunking it!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I've got into the habit of talking myself through my shots as it helps me clarify exactly what it is im trying to do - its pretty satisfying when it happens exactly as I said/wanted it to.

Had a couple of in an Open on Saturday. It was breezy so was clubbing up and swinging easy, letting the wind bring them back. I called then executed both shots exactly as I'd stated , both were approach shots that ended up with 6ft birdie putts (which I then missed ?).

Worst ones are when I do this with little chips and pitches before thinning or chunking it!

I do this too (out loud) but weirdly only for the medium-long shots into greens

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
any shot with any club where I have had to use a bit of nouse or imagination to get the ball to where I want it and execute it perfectly...

that may be a threaded ball through some trees using the contour of distant hillocks to redirect the ball towards the target, or a shot from a difficult lie/stance (e.g one foot in a bunker the other with my knee on the ground outside the bunker)....or a perfectly read wildly breaking putt...doesnt have to go in but ending up close to the hole.

One of the best I remember was a greenside shot at Littlestone....was on a bare lie with a pot bunker directly between me and the green with the flag only a couple of yards beyond the bunker. Probably no more than 6 yards straight line distance...I elected to putt (effectively about 60 degrees right of the hole) and use the bunker contours to direct the ball back towards the hole.....too little pace and the ball would die into the sand, too much and the ball would be way over the green in totally the wrong direction....so very much like a combination of satellite using planetary gravity to slingshot it into its new course and a motor bike rider on a wall of death. I executed it perfectly and was left with nor more than a couple of feet to tidy up for par.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When you are struggling to consistently hit a good drive. Creaming one down the middle with a slight draw. Oh Lordy Lordy. I still remember my best ever drive. Iberostar course at Cancun. Over 300 yards. Only one I have ever hit. It was a thing of beauty. Slight dogleg left. Uphill and then downhill to the green. happy days.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Like a lot on here, it's flushing the long iron. In my current bag, that's a 5 iron but, as with lots of clubs these days, it's pretty low loft.
The feeling of a good connection and watching it fly towards the green gives me more satisfaction than any other shot.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Like a lot on here, it's flushing the long iron. In my current bag, that's a 5 iron but, as with lots of clubs these days, it's pretty low loft.
The feeling of a good connection and watching it fly towards the green gives me more satisfaction than any other shot.
I couldn't pick that since I don't think it ever happened to me. Hence why I don't have them now. :LOL:

sunshine

Visit site
Great thread - this deserves a poll!

- I love a flushed long iron, especially when you carry it all the way to the green. When I flush a 3 iron off the tee on a par 4 it feels good, and the feeling lasts until I put the club back in the back and set off down the fairway. If it's an approach to the green, it's the same feeling but it lasts all the way while you walk to the green. Something very satisfying about repairing your pitch mark and starting to survey your putt before everybody else has even reached the green.
- But also, flushing a 3 wood off the fairway and watching it roll on to the green. It means I'll be putting for eagle.
- And also, chipping in, when you've looked at the shot from multiple angles, worked out landing spot and tractory and release, and then you go and execute it.

oooh, I've gone a bit weak at the knees :LOL:

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
A booming drive feels incredible, as does holing a putt that's more than 10 foot because the odds aren't in your favour.

But, puring my 5 iron is a hard one to beat.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
8 weeks after a Total Knee Replacement, completing any 18 hole round will be wonderful! Hopefully soon. Normally I would say a delicate chip to tap in range, having been 80 yards behind my playing companion off the tee and equalling his GIR par. Even better if he three putts :devilish: