So, what gives you the most satisfaction?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Steady on there people, this is a golf thread.

So which well struck golf shot gives you the most satisfaction? Perhaps that towering drive splitting the fairway with once in a blue moon distance? A really difficult fairway or hybrid shot that you would be lucky to pull off with one attempt in ten. The pured iron shot or a perfectly executed lob or chip, over a bunker perhaps. Maybe it is putting that floats your boat.

For me, it is the perfectly executed iron shot, probably mid-iron, definitely not wedge of any description. It is towering, with a baby fade, bang online and pin high. The best bit is the feel and the sound, the minute it is stuck I know it is good, and then I get the visual confirmation that I have creamed one. Heaven.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Flushing my 3 iron makes my trousers bulge...at least I think it does - it's been ages since I've managed it.

But yes, I'd agree - nothing beats a purely struck mid-iron into the green.

Reactions: sjw

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
last Saturday I sunk what must have been a 60 foot put, the satisfaction of hearing the ball hit the bottom of the cup has made smile all week:giggle:

Albo

Visit site
For me a well struck iron shot as well.
Much as I love piping a drive down the middle miles, its the crisp sound of a towering iron shot which lands on the green and stops in short order which I covet the most

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I do celebrate great drives I have (a bit like what BDC did that time)
Dunno why but iron shots onto the green just don't give the same satisfaction (maybe because there's plenty still to do, its neither off to a great start or all over yet)
Great chips are more of a relief than satisfaction so its definitely not that

But its after putting that long or difficult one where I 'celebrate' most often, so I'm going for that shot as most satisfying

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hitting a drive and being able to pick up my tee, look up and see the ball still in the air but miles down the centre of the fairway. Very rare for me, but oh so satisfying.

Fabia999

Visit site
Love watching the ball fly towards the green. Those few seconds when its airborne where you know you've hit a great shot. watch it land and stop quickly... 3 putt for a bogey just to take me down a peg.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
PW or 9 iron into a green. Absolutely hitting it sweet, effortless strike, seeing it fly high and land soft.

Other good shots are nice but that is the one that makes me smile the most.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Great thread this!

Stuck between two..

A perfectly struck driver flying straight down the middle of the fairway always gives me a great sense of satifcation (even more so if it cruises past my pp's) but as per @Slab above - there is still work to do.

Sinking a putt that I have absolutely no right to, does produce my biggest celebration on course - so ill roll with that.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Great thread this!

Stuck between two..

A perfectly struck driver flying straight down the middle of the fairway always gives me a great sense of satifcation (even more so if it cruises past my pp's) but as per @Slab above - there is still work to do.

Sinking a putt that I have absolutely no right to, does produce my biggest celebration on course - so ill roll with that.
I can relate to that.

Yesterday I hit a perfect PW that covered the flag all the way, landing 10 feet behind and setting up a birdie putt, but it was the 4 foot putt on 18 which had me fist pumping. I'd missed the 15 footer for par leaving that tricky 4 footer. I had 3 putted the first and didn't want to 3 putt the last, sinking that for bogey was pure relief.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
During a single round it probably has to be the last putt on the 18th. No matter what kind of round I’ve had the taste of that first beer / sit down that awaits probably gives me the most satisfaction during a round.

Flushed irons and long putts don’t really happen to me often enough for me to notice. And if it happens I’m normally not scoring well on that hole anyway so it just makes me break even for the *** show ?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
During a single round it probably has to be the last putt on the 18th. No matter what kind of round I’ve had the taste of that first beer / sit down that awaits probably gives me the most satisfaction during a round.

Flushed irons and long putts don’t really happen to me often enough for me to notice. And if it happens I’m normally not scoring well on that hole anyway so it just makes me break even for the *** show ?

You dont sound like you're enjoying golf at the moment mate!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A lovely iron has to be it. When it sounds like the pros on tv ‘fffffffwup’ or something like that, and you barely feel the impact. Doing the old ‘look at the ball, down at the flag, back to the ball, flag, ball, flag, ball…’. Ball landing gently on the green, pin high. Open the window, I’m getting a little hot!

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
You dont sound like you're enjoying golf at the moment mate!

Had a 3 day break but i’m playing tonight and got a forum game Friday, lol.

Tbh it really doesn’t matter how I’m playing atm just glad to be out in the decent weather.

although some of the lads who I drew in the comp at the weekend said there were some definite similarities to Happy Gilmore.

Not sure if that is a good or bad thing tbh.

evemccc

Visit site
2 iron arrow straight flushed off the tee, esp when it bounces for miles, splitting a tight links fairway - love it!

Just wish it happened more often ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Two lesbians, probably. Sisters.. I'm just watching. ?

For me it's smashing the driver - that one that flies out of the middle of the face, tiny fade back to the middle and bounds down about 10-15 yards longer than average. That's the best feeling, I think it's that satisfaction that half the battle is done and 'all' you need to do is pop it up on (or near) the green.

Close second would be holing a 20 foot putt, as that means I don't have to try and knock in a nervy two-footer on that particular hole, which is a wonderful feeling. Although holing a chip is nice as well, since you're usually think 'get it close enough to get up and down' and not wanting to get down in 3 from there, so getting down in 1 just feels like a huge bonus.

D

Deleted member 3432

Sub par round.

Hitting one good shot means nothing if the rest of the round is a pile crap.

Failing that making a decent score from good scrambling.