So what are you listening to at the moment?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Well I'm I'm Not Seeing ELO, years ago I probably paid about £4 when I saw them but tickets at the O2 today in block A work out at £130 each!!! Decent band but £130 a seat - not me!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I'm an 'up to and (just) including Then There Were Three' Genesis fan. After that - yeugh!! My favourite swings all over the place - but currently it is between Selling England by the Pound and Trick of the Tail

Genesis were my favourite band, still are really. Like you I'm ok up to and including, Then there were three. Favourite track, Ripples. Trick of the tails is my favourite studio album but I do like pretty much all their live stuff.

Had them blasting through the headphones on the flight back to freezing Glasgow this afternoon.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Genesis were my favourite band, still are really. Like you I'm ok up to and including, Then there were three. Favourite track, Ripples. Trick of the tails is my favourite studio album but I do like pretty much all their live stuff.

Had them blasting through the headphones on the flight back to freezing Glasgow this afternoon.

:thup:

Currently have 22 Dreams by Paul Weller on the car CD - and it is good - new to me so just listening to it for the first time. Much of Paul Weller's solo stuff leaves me a bit cold - but this one is good.

However...and you'll all have a laugh at me for this one I know - but...

I ran a Burns Supper and Ceilidh (dance) last Saturday at the golf club. Now the band were good - but a bit too steady as you go barn-dancy. And so when I got home I did a wee Youtube search for what I knew would a bit livelier on the scottish dancing front, and sure enough - the Scottish Fiddle Orchestra delivered in spades as I knew it would (I've got some LPs of theirs

And so for all out there who WILL smile at my assertion that I would quite probably take this as one of my desert island discs - and it could well be top of the pile - here's a set of cracking good tunes. I honestly love this stuff - it get me deep down in my being Scottish - it's the sort of stuff I was brought up listening to and dancing to (see what a teuchter I am...:) )

The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra conducted by John Mason (love his late-1970s outfit) playing for an Eightsome Reel. Man - this is braw :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvHeTArCnYQ

And I don't mind you laughing and/or extracting the proverbial...because I know what it might look like and sound like to many - but I just love it.

Last edited:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Re listening to automatic for the people. R.E.M. maybe the 1000th time.

Start to finish it is stunning. The mood sweeps right through every song.

10/10 for me.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have that CD sitting in a pile I have inherited - waiting to be listened to by me for the first time,

It’s a phenomenal album. R.E.M. are maybe in my top 20 bands of all time.

None of my favourite R.E.M. songs are on this album, except maybe ‘find the river’ yet it will always be my number 1 album personally.

50 minutes of just pure class

Strongly recommend.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just love it, but I do prefer this video!
The guitar work is just beautiful.

[video=youtube_share;UEHwO_UEp7A]https://youtu.be/UEHwO_UEp7A[/video]