So what are you listening to at the moment?

U

User62651

Oldie 70s funk soul gold such as -

Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues / Trouble Man
James Brown - The Payback
Ben E King - Supernatural Thing
Stevie Wonder - Superstition

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can't believe it took me so long, but recently been Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory and the other album, Meteora. Liked a lot of the songs, just never listened to the albums....they are belters.

Have also been revisiting 2017 by listening to the A State of Trance Yearmix 2017 by Armin Van Buuren

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't believe it took me so long, but recently been Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory and the other album, Meteora. Liked a lot of the songs, just never listened to the albums....they are belters.

Have also been revisiting 2017 by listening to the A State of Trance Yearmix 2017 by Armin Van Buuren

I was just listening to those very albums through yesterday. :thup: After those albums they went off in direction that wasn't me cup o'tea.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just got tickets to see At The Drive In next month, so I've been trying again to get into their newest album that came out last year. It's just not as good as their older stuff, but it still has some good moments. I'm not sure what it's missing, it just doesn't seem to have that wonderful fusion of chaos and melody that they used to have.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Just got tickets to see At The Drive In next month, so I've been trying again to get into their newest album that came out last year. It's just not as good as their older stuff, but it still has some good moments. I'm not sure what it's missing, it just doesn't seem to have that wonderful fusion of chaos and melody that they used to have.

A band I could never get into.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Relationship of Command is one of the best albums of all time. In my opinion obviously. Can't really explain but I love the way it sounds like they're all trying to out-do each other, but also come together so perfectly.

I've always seen it as Relationship of Command vs The Shape of Punk to Come for some reason, and for me Refused win hands down.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Blondie - Pollinator. Not sure its their greatest work or whether I need to hear it a few more times for it to grow on me

Well in Homer, for not falling into the hipster - "I must pick someone that isn't mainstream" willy waving, dontchaknow.

Bought Paul Simon's greatest hits this week, as only given the odd listed to him before - loving it.

Right now off to see if Blue Rondo a La turk did a concept album about Beluga whales effects on the Sandanista government overthrow in the 1970's. That'll show em!:)