So what are you listening to at the moment?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Having, I think, sorted my turntable feedback issue I ventured into my vinyl collection and pulled out a couple of albums I inherited a year or so ago, they were in a pile of maybe 50, and that I hadn’t previously listened to. Elvis Costello’s first two albums…My Aim is True and This Years Model.

Of course being of such an age I know plenty of the tracks…but never had, and so have never listened to, either album. And at this moment I have the former on, and it’s great…and really takes me back to 1977…with the anticipated delight of the latter still to come. 👍

And oh yes…in that same pile I find, coverless, A Nice Pair…Piper at the Gates of Dawn…well nothing like a bit of psychedelia for later…😜😳

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Thunder and lightening.
Our round was truncated today.
And I got very wet, 68" umbrella notwithstanding.
I would have needed a rubber diving suit to not get wet in that sudden downpour.

I suppose that I could put some Wynton on now, though.
I love the album he did with Eric Clapton.
Best US/UK collaboration since the 1940s.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thunder and lightening.
Our round was truncated today.
And I got very wet, 68" umbrella notwithstanding.
I would have needed a rubber diving suit to not get wet in that sudden downpour.

I suppose that I could put some Wynton on now, though.
I love the album he did with Eric Clapton.
Best US/UK collaboration since the 1940s.
Thank you Boomer, thank you. I started being a Clapton fan in the '60's going to Yardbirds, Bluesbreakers, and later Cream gigs. This is one much later collaboration that I totally missed. Just been watching and listening to "Play the Blues Live From Jazz At Lincoln Centre" - now in my favourites (y) Who would of thought of Layla New Orleans style.:love: