So what are you listening to at the moment?

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anyone remember Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds?

Went to London for the day last week and went to the War of the Worlds Immersive Experience. They use much of the music from the soundtrack and it was very different from your usual attraction - you are part of the experience and encouraged to take part at certain points. Thoroughly recommended.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Listening to Talk Talk ‘best of’ and Neil Young Harvest Moon in car at the moment.

And Talk Talk. Back in the 80s I was aware of Talk Talk through a couple of singles…but they were drowned out by the biggies of the time such as Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Simple Minds, Spandau Ballet, and so they never stayed long on my musical radar. The passing of their main man Mark Hollis just a few short years ago back in 2019 didn’t register at all. And that’s such a pity, as in retrospect as I listen more closely, they were superb, and the music still is. Such a Shame.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Saw Squeeze in Cambridge the other night.
Now wandering through their back catalogue.
There's a special kind of painful pleasure about remembering our youth. The Germans must have a word for it...

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
And Talk Talk. Back in the 80s I was aware of Talk Talk through a couple of singles…but they were drowned out by the biggies of the time such as Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Simple Minds, Spandau Ballet, and so they never stayed long on my musical radar. The passing of their main man Mark Hollis just a few short years ago back in 2019 didn’t register at all. And that’s such a pity, as in retrospect as I listen more closely, they were superb, and the music still is. Such a Shame.

The Colour of Spring is one of my fav albums of all time, can listen to it over and over.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just reading a BBC article on the most streamed songs by year of release. I'd just read about this song in the book Detroit 67; The Year That Changed Soul by Stuart Cosgrove (as recommended by @GG26) and was pleasantly surprised to see that this is the most streamed song released in 1967. Never fails to lift the mood. I'll add a few more favourites below.