So what are you listening to at the moment?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
[video=youtube;Eq0HsGnRBjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq0HsGnRBjE[/video]

Thanks for that, I'll have to look for more of their stuff.

Incidentally the drummer is now playing with Cregan & Co., a Rod Stewart cover band who are worth a listen; fronted by Jim Cregan who was in Rod Stewart's band back in the day and wrote some stuff with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES-exFIXlPc&spfreload=10

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just back from seeing Jools Holland tonight- it was absolutely brilliant. Ruby a Turner, Louise Marshall and special guest Marc Almond the place was rockin!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Went to see UFO at Forum in Kentish Town last night. Haven't seen them for 30 years plus, but still can rock. My daughter has got the tshirt.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I posted that we saw Jools Holland yesterday, he had a warm up band that the lead singer was an attractive 40 ish lady who apparently wrote the All Saints hit Black Coffee. She sang pretty well and the band were ok.

I looked her up on Google later and it seems that she was a former Miss UK and Miss World runner up as well as being the richest woman in Britain with an estimated 7+ billion pound fortune and owns the biggest yacht ever built in the UK! Her name is Elizabeth Bertarelli

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Went to see Jools Holland at a castle near Ledbury last summer, wasn't my idea btw. Bored the bloody t@ts off me with his rinky tinky, piddly widdly style of crap blues.
Can you tell I'm not a fan? :D

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Went to see Jools Holland at a castle near Ledbury last summer, wasn't my idea btw. Bored the bloody t@ts off me with his rinky tinky, piddly widdly style of crap blues.
Can you tell I'm not a fan? :D

Mmmmmm well I struggled to guess that!

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm listening to Greenslade and imagine I just might be the only life form in the Universe who is at this precise moment.

Progtastic mates! Not 'Alf!!!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
One of the best ever rock ballads. Try me by UFO. Great vocals by Phil Mogg, and the guitar solo by Michael Schenker is stunning. Hairs standing up on the back of the neck job. Tune ain't bad either.:whistle: Has to be an early version though, as after Schenker left the band the song was never the same.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of the best ever rock ballads. Try me by UFO. Great vocals by Phil Mogg, and the guitar solo by Michael Schenker is stunning. Hairs standing up on the back of the neck job. Tune ain't bad either.:whistle: Has to be an early version though, as after Schenker left the band the song was never the same.

Early UFO was a great band. For a long time I had a cassette of an "In Concert" gig they did on Radio 1 way back in the early 70s. I taped it old stylee with a little mic and a standard cassette player.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
At the moment a CD of my old 3 piece band" Back to Basics" playing some tame 60s /70s/ stuff , raw with no special effects . Sadly the lead singer/ guitarist passed away recently.
I don't have the PC skills to let you guys hear it .
But hopefully with a little help from my friend Dave, you never can tell. :whistle:

D

Deleted member 1740

I can't remember the last CD album I bought tbh.

I miss not having the hard copies when I've downloaded it.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Early UFO was a great band. For a long time I had a cassette of an "In Concert" gig they did on Radio 1 way back in the early 70s. I taped it old stylee with a little mic and a standard cassette player.
I saw them again last month in London. One of the most underrated bands. Strangers in the night is well worth listening to.:thup:

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of my all time guitar heroes. Still find it hard to believe he's no longer with us.

[video=youtube;B0nKJFVVoYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0nKJFVVoYM&list=RDB0nKJFVVoYM#t=37[/video]