So what are you listening to at the moment?

C

c1973

Excellent choice sir.

'Gonna take your brain to another dimension, pay close attention'.

:thup:

May I suggest some Njoi or Dream Frequency for afters?

Rez man or Street Rave?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Excellent choice sir.

'Gonna take your brain to another dimension, pay close attention'.

:thup:

May I suggest some Njoi or Dream Frequency for afters?

Rez man or Street Rave?

Love a bit of Dream Frequency. Njoi was a bit too housey for me. Going to crack out Jilted Generation tonight I think. Then probably fire up the decks, much to the wife's despair :D

I was most definitely a Rez man. Did Streetrave once and didnt enjoy it. Also a Fubar regular.

C

c1973

Ah, Fekd Up Beyond All Recognition, FUBAR. Takes me back that. More of a Piv (latterly Hanger 13) and Metro man myself.
Went to more SR raves than Rez, some legendary nights at Prestwick Airport back in the day.

Saw Dream Frequency at the 'Technodrome', dancing in the middle of a field 'till silly o clock ! :) might dig out my old 'Piv 'SR' classics 89-92' compilation for a wee listen.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah, Fekd Up Beyond All Recognition, FUBAR. Takes me back that. More of a Piv (latterly Hanger 13) and Metro man myself.
Went to more SR raves than Rez, some legendary nights at Prestwick Airport back in the day.

Saw Dream Frequency at the 'Technodrome', dancing in the middle of a field 'till silly o clock ! :) might dig out my old 'Piv 'SR' classics 89-92' compilation for a wee listen.

Went to the Hangar a few times before its early demise.
I ended up going down the more Dutch Gabba route so Streetrave was a bit too downtempo and housey for me.
Just had a 2 hour wee bash on the decks there. Love it, the wife and neighbours.... not so much :D :thup:

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Listening to this. Progtabulous mates!image.jpg

Struck with the complete brilliance of Bill Bruford's drumming. Sadly Mr White although a decent and capable bloke never came close to what Bruford had going with Chris Squire. Best rythm section ever. End of!

And not content with Yes it's off to beddy-byes with this proggy classic. Night all.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Listening to this. Progtabulous mates!View attachment 14528

Struck with the complete brilliance of Bill Bruford's drumming. Sadly Mr White although a decent and capable bloke never came close to what Bruford had going with Chris Squire. Best rythm section ever. End of!

And not content with Yes it's off to beddy-byes with this proggy classic. Night all.

View attachment 14529

I was listening to Bruford playing with King Crimson last night, the guy was a monster drummer, such a shame he had to give up playing.
And Foxtrot, what else can you say, classic.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Listening to this. Progtabulous mates!View attachment 14528

View attachment 14529

I'm a bit YES proggy these days myself - mores so than back in the day as it happens. And so in the last few months I've picked up good vinyl copies from charity shops (all 50p) of Fragile; Relayer; Close to the Edge; The Yes Album; Going for the One, and Chris Squire Fish out of Water. Also picked up Foxtrot as one Genesis album I didn't buy back then. Still on the lookout for The Lamb...:)

Prog On!

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm a bit YES proggy these days myself - mores so than back in the day as it happens. And so in the last few months I've picked up good vinyl copies from charity shops (all 50p) of Fragile; Relayer; Close to the Edge; The Yes Album; Going for the One, and Chris Squire Fish out of Water. Also picked up Foxtrot as one Genesis album I didn't buy back then. Still on the lookout for The Lamb...:)

Prog On!

No 'alf mate.

I always found the Prog backlash so sad (particularly as previous champions like John Peel turned their backs on it for 'the next big thing' i.e Punk) and it's nice to be able now (with the passage of time) to say "Prog's OK"

C

c1973

Annihilating Rhythmn? Tune.

Some Hardfloor or Sven Vath afterwards GreiginFife? Or some Ege Bamyasi?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Annihilating Rhythmn? Tune.

Some Hardfloor or Sven Vath afterwards GreiginFife? Or some Ege Bamyasi?

Arpeggio was my tune mate. Obsession still gives goose bumps at volume.

For afters it will probanly be Yoji Biohimenko or some Infected Mushroom or Astral Projection. No one does tech-trance quite like the Israelis.