So what are you going to do instead?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am not musical at all. No instruments for me.

Have dug out my old mountain bike. I have new tyres and tubes on order, along with a helmet. I haven't ridden this one for ten years minimum. My other one is at the flat. I will just do some trail riding, nothing serious, just to get out.

I am looking for a kit to refurb the rear shock, as I think the seals need doing. This is not proving easy, as plenty of kits say they are ok, ( fox float R) but when you read the reviews, mine is excluded, as the main o ring is wrong.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haha when I was in school I played the Trombone only because the girl I fancied played the french horn. I decided to jib it because all of my mates were playing footy at dinnertime and I used have to go to practice and couldn't play.

My teacher told me I had a real talent and tried to persuade me into doing it but once the girl started going out with my mate there was no way I was going back ?
I have found that as we get older things are harder to learn! (Old dog new tricks).
I play guitar and find I can’t remember the chords or words to a song I have just learnt.
Golf is very similar.
Always wanted a go at Sax but never met anyone who had one.
Fantastic sounding instrument so good luck with that.
It’s the wife and family you need to watch not the neighbours especially now all at home together.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Spent half an hour doing Morse Code for something different. Apart from a quick blast in the radio room on HMS Belfast a couple of years ago I hadn't done it for almost 40 years. Letters, no problem. Probably close on 14 words a minute. Add in numbers and it slows a little. Punctuation - oh dear. Well out of practice.

Unfortunately I don't have any sets anymore but there's various apps I can use to practice.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Today I have almost completed a 3D puzzle of the Etihad I was bought for Christmas. More challenging to the brain than a regular puzzle but pretty good fun - I'll sleep well tonight!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Today I have almost completed a 3D puzzle of the Etihad I was bought for Christmas. More challenging to the brain than a regular puzzle but pretty good fun - I'll sleep well tonight!

how many pieces?

if you can try and find the 3d ones of things like big ben which are best part of a 1000 pieces, you wont be done in a day ;)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
how many pieces?

if you can try and find the 3d ones of things like big ben which are best part of a 1000 pieces, you wont be done in a day ;)

130! Might look for some others as first look at the plans and I was "what???" but got in to it and a good brain workout.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Haha when I was in school I played the Trombone only because the girl I fancied played the french horn. I decided to jib it because all of my mates were playing footy at dinnertime and I used have to go to practice and couldn't play.

My teacher told me I had a real talent and tried to persuade me into doing it but once the girl started going out with my mate there was no way I was going back ?

Did you misunderstand what they meant when they said they had a "brass" section? ;)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spent half an hour doing Morse Code for something different. Apart from a quick blast in the radio room on HMS Belfast a couple of years ago I hadn't done it for almost 40 years. Letters, no problem. Probably close on 14 words a minute. Add in numbers and it slows a little. Punctuation - oh dear. Well out of practice.

Unfortunately I don't have any sets anymore but there's various apps I can use to practice.

Bloody hell, you'll be digging out your old semaphore flags next before moving onto smoke signals ;)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

I love Minions but that looks tough. Got a few on order from Ebay and one quite "busy" one which may prove challenging. The 1000 piece one will wait until the 4 x 500 piece ones I've now got are finished. I think it's about 1 every 4 days at the moment so will see me going for a while. Just been furloughed so also thinking about some Paint By Numbers!