So I didn't renew my GM subscription.....

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
not to take up an offer with another publication, but i felt that the magazine just didn't interest me that much when you compare the variety of resources online. This is a personal view, but I found over the last 12 months or so, I spent less and less time reading each copy and spent more time online reviewing courses, clubs, being on this forum etc

Have others taken the same view, or is it just me?

BTW this is not a knock at the GM team as the magazine is a fine publication.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As good as the forum and the website is i still enjoy having a copy of the magazine to flick through whenever i want without having to turn a computer/ipad on.

gumbo84

Medal Winner
Visit site
I try to come on here as much as i can but the magazine is perfect for me as whenever i get a spare 5minutes at work i always try and research a little to see if there's any tips i can pick up.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I like the feel, the smell of the magazine, the ability to flick through and find something you missed

Just not the same with online

I shall be renewing my subscription when its due

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
my brother got me a subscription last christmas. i didnt renew it this year although i buy a copy on my monthly scoot to liverpool.

level5s

Head Pro
Visit site
My subscription finished last month, only realised when the new copy didnt drop through the letter box a couple of weeks back.
I had it via DD, but it was stopped (oversight) when I changed banks. I have had no correspondence from IPC to resign me.
Might leave it until there is a good promotion on to sign up.

D

Deleted member 1740

not to take up an offer with another publication, but i felt that the magazine just didn't interest me that much when you compare the variety of resources online. This is a personal view, but I found over the last 12 months or so, I spent less and less time reading each copy and spent more time online reviewing courses, clubs, being on this forum etc

Have others taken the same view, or is it just me?

BTW this is not a knock at the GM team as the magazine is a fine publication.

Apart from the few interviews I find GM quite repetitive, from coaching to adverts they are just the same as last years coaching tips.

TG AND Golf World are exactly the same aswell.

I forgot to cancel my subscription and only realised I'd renewed after reading my bank statement.

I'm looking forward to the Jiminez interview in the next edition, I just hope I'm not left disappointed!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Apart from the few interviews I find GM quite repetitive, from coaching to adverts they are just the same as last years coaching tips.

TG AND Golf World are exactly the same aswell.

I forgot to cancel my subscription and only realised I'd renewed after reading my bank statement.

I'm looking forward to the Jiminez interview in the next edition, I just hope I'm not left disappointed!

I have it on good authority that the Jimmy Nezz interview will be worth the subscription itself.

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I still find GM to be the best of the bunch when comes to reviews and information and the Reporters/Columnists seem to be more likeable

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I renewed as the mag is the best of the bunch. And I also love the smell of a glossy mag!

I also think that it makes me 'paid up' to give, take and share advice on the forum.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
theres no denying that the mag can feel a bit repetitive but that is the nature of it. it always has to in some way give tips to help beginners and more advanced players alike. i still think its worth the money and always enjoy reading them.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Subscription was a chrimbo present in 2010, runs until the end of the year and yes I'll renew. I only flick through the magazine but find bits and pieces of interest. Also I would like to think as a subscriber I would be more likely to win a competition than a non subscriber, seeing as I'm paying for the magazine. I doubt it works that way, but I can only hope.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I had always purchased mine from a supermarket and subscribed recently when they did a half price, one day only deal. I always thoroughly read mine over a couple of weeks and then eventually swap with my BIL and his Golf world

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I subscribe to Golf Monthly and Golf World. Both get read cover to cover. Worth every penny to me. As long as I keep playing golf I will keep getting the magazines. Love 'em both.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Still a great buy/read to me.
What you all paying for your subscription?
I am in my 3rd year now.....pay £38 for 13 issues (got it cheaper by getting it issued under my brothers name instead of mine )

Just paid £45 for TWO years' subs. Fantastic value. Think I am now in until 2015