Golf Articles - Feedback Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhgolfpro

Visit site
Hi all,

As covering events week by week is best left to individuals who write for a living, I have made the decision to start blogging about tour/elite amateur golf, focusing primarily on profiling and projecting the careers of players across various tours at this time.
I have no formal education or background in journalism; instead, I have spent much of my life being an avid golfer and am now a PGA Professional.
I am aware that as time goes on, my writing style, research methods, and other elements will improve, and I may do certain things that aren't ideal or helpful for producing high-quality writing.
I hope I was able to uncover some information about these players that you didn't already know, please let me know any thoughts you have if you do choose to read and I can assure you that I'll be back with more soon!

Thanks
LH

https://lhgolfpro.wordpress.com/2023/02/23/eugenio-chacarra-the-road-less-travelled/

https://lhgolfpro.wordpress.com/2023/02/09/tom-kim-golfs-newest-star-2/

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You're getting into a very crowded market.
What's your USP?
I would suggest you look at other blogs and see how they differ from yours.

The first thing that jumped out at me from the 2 articles you posted was just loads of words, no pictures.
People prefer shorter sentences and paragraphs and more pictures to keep their attention.

Keep it short and to the point would be my advice with at least photos of the people your are talking about.
Good luck

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Great advice from BobMac.
Be clear who your audience is. Are you wanting to appeal to younger golfers starting out, elite youngsters golfers thinking of joining a tour or going to a US college, clubs golfers with a bit of interest, club golfers with lots of interest, golf pros and coaches, etc. Your writing style should differ, depending on your target audience.

Take a look at LinkedIn Learning and take a couple of courses on smart brevity. It will be of great help to you and your readers.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.