Snell My Tour balls

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
Is anyone playing this ball and, if yes, what's the verdict? I have seen a number of You Tube reviews of this ball, and the Vice Pro, basically saying that performance is indistinguishable from the Pro V1 and am interested if "real" golfers agree.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Snell, Vice and Kirkland all seem to be making decent alternatives to the premium balls at a much lower cost. I've only tried the Vice Pro Plus and liked it although it does discolour quickly. Heard good things about the others though.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I've had two dozen of these off a mate, personally I think its a better ball than Vice. I'd use them if they were more readily available in the UK but I certainly wouldn't be paying to import them. Similar to an AD333 Tour/Chrome Soft is how I'd rate them.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Snell, Vice and Kirkland all seem to be making decent alternatives to the premium balls at a much lower cost. I've only tried the Vice Pro Plus and liked it although it does discolour quickly. Heard good things about the others though.

I've started using these and heard this a lot about them, must have sorted them out as they're very durable and stay white much longer than this years ProV's which are about as durable as a creme egg!!

Really impressed with the Vice Pro Plus and will be sticking with them for the forseeable, no brainer at the price you get them for.

Can you get the Snell balls in the UK? Wouldn't mind trying them but didn't think they were readily available?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've started using these and heard this a lot about them, must have sorted them out as they're very durable and stay white much longer than this years ProV's which are about as durable as a creme egg!!

That's interesting because I saw a tweet and Vice replied saying there wasn't a problem with discolouration so fingers crossed they have sorted it out.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Snell have a company in Ireland now. The My Tour are £29.99/doz plus £2.99 postage, free if you spend more than £50. Also do a six dozen offer, similar to Vice. This is the video that prompted my interest.
https://youtu.be/qPsW482jvOM

Cheers for that, although the 6 dozen are still £30 more than the Vice Pro Plus so may not bother unless I get bored next year!!

Really impressed with the Vice tbh, does everything I want and feels nicer on and around the greens (IMO of course) than a ProV.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've recently purchased some cheap logo'd 2017 pro v1's cant see what was wrong with "Micks baulk haulage" on them 🤣, why would he not want them 🤣

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've used the Snell, ProV1, TP5 and Chromesoft X this season.

Chromesoft X has become my winter ball, purely because of Truvis, the other 3 balls are better. The TP5 felt slightly better the ProV1, which felt slightly better than the Snell and by better, I mean softer off the puter face.

With regards to hitting full shots, and pitch shots, there was barely any difference between the 3.

It should be noted that I was playing the 2015 ProV1, not the latest one. The below spin charts are from Golf Digest showing the spin rates for 2016, and 2017. You can see that the Snell ball falls slightly behind the other 2 in 2017, but it's right up there when compared to the 2016 ball.

2016 Chart

2017 Chart

There is a new Snell ball due in the new year however, a new 3 piece, and a rumoured 4 piece to compete with the ProV1x/TP5x. Dean Snell is very active on the GolfWRX forums.

For the price of them, you can't go wrong.