sky sports falling short again.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I put Sky Sport on for 4 months this winter as I was offered a really good deal.
We have the Sky basic package is we live surrounded by hills and trees.
I will cancel shortly as I hardly watch it. Blackpool vs Coventry just does not do it for me.
Even when they have a good event on it is spoiled by dreadful commentators.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sky is fantastic, it has revolutionised the way we watch sport in this country. They changed the face of sport on our TV's. We wouldnt have nearly half the sport available if it wasnt for them. I dont get the criticism they received, I really dont.

Still, if all we have to complain about is the amount of golf on tv, we must be in a pretty good place :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
At the end of the day, whether it was the old days of three channels and having to get of your backside to change over, to the numerous offerings we have to day, it is about choice. If Sky's golf coverage really squeezes your grape, don't watch it. Plenty of other things to watch. They do what they can with the feed they get. Simple as that really and if the main US broadcaster goes onto a platform aka The Golf Channel that Sky can't acces then that is that

I think they need to revamp golf coverage. Some of the presenters and studio guests aren't great. Dump rubbish stuff like Golfing World and make some proper discussion/news programmes that will appeal to a bigger market. That said, they are responsible to a degree for the European Tour propsering as much as it has as sponsors know they'll get European wide coverage every week. I like to see it every week be it from Austria to the big events like the Irish Open, BMW etc. Let's not forget they are the only place to watch most of the majors. Good, could be better is my view