Sky marks on clubs

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site
I managed to put a high mark on the face of my 3 wood yesterday due to a bad swing and a very soft tee box. Luckily it's not marked the crown but the mark shows up on the black face. I'm annoyed and kind of want to buy a new one but as a 22 handicapper I occasionally put a bad swing on the ball so will likely do it again. Should I remove the lipstick, throw away the handbag and man up or get a new one? Who else on here has marked their club? Did you keep it and did it bother you?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Yeah any mark on my clubs bugs me even though I try to tell myself that it adds character/makes them unique etc

But we are going to hit a ball round a field so marks are inevitable and no point replacing the club

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Eh ... we are talking golf clubs here, not jewellery or Rolex watches, right? They are tools. They get used. They get dented. It gives them character. I don't trust anyone who has only spotless, unmarked clubs in his bag. :cool:

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have I marked my clubs? Yes! Did I keep it? Yes! Did it bother me? Not really!

I thought the sky mark would annoy me at address but I honestly dont notice it. Ive got far too much other stuff going on in my head at address to worry about a sky mark!
:D

D

Deleted member 21258

That's a big problem with the black clubs, marks show so much more!!

Anyway I have sky marks with my fairway woods, its going to happen especially if using in rough when the ball has sat down.

Just live with it and don't let it bother you or use black shoe polish(joke!) to cover them up:p

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
They are lumps of metal for whacking plastic balls around a field. They only need to look pretty to get you to buy them, after that they are tools.

mwm118

Medal Winner
Visit site
I saw a video on youtube a while ago on how to remove sky marks, can't find the link at the moment, but it may help anyone who doesn't like to be reminded of their bad shots at address. I think it used products for removing scratches from cars.

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
I managed to put a high mark on the face of my 3 wood yesterday due to a bad swing and a very soft tee box. Luckily it's not marked the crown but the mark shows up on the black face. I'm annoyed and kind of want to buy a new one but as a 22 handicapper I occasionally put a bad swing on the ball so will likely do it again. Should I remove the lipstick, throw away the handbag and man up or get a new one? Who else on here has marked their club? Did you keep it and did it bother you?

My driver (RBZ Stage 2) has half the crown with flakey paint from skied shots. Sometime I chip better with my driver than I do a 50 degree wedge. It annoys the hell out of me that they're there, but until I stop skying it there's no point buying a new club.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
LOL at this thread- I'm guessing you must have money to burn if you're gonna replace every club that ends up with a sky mark.

Customgolf900

Medal Winner
Banned
Visit site
Hi it would annoy me lol I fixed easy though I repainted the head in any colour matte or gloss I actually used to do this as a hobby for my friends for a bit of fun as I'm a professional car painter I done lots of clubs with all sorts of different finishes it saved buying a new club😬

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It would annoy me if I did it soon after buying them but these days my clubs have all got battle scars of some description and as long as the ball goes where I want it I don't care what the tools look like

Monkey Putter

Hacker
Visit site
I always think a 3 Wood without a sky mark is a bit like a brand new van without any dents. You can drive it, but you can't drive it properly...

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site
Mixed responses! Like I say it's on the face so not a true sky mark but shows on the black face, if it was silver it wouldn't show as much!

FourPutt

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a pretty huge sky mark on the crown of my 4 hybrid, that I managed to do about a week after I got it. It bugs the hell out of me, but I hit the club better than anything else in the bag so I'm terrified to change it! :rofl: