Sky Caddie Aire

kmdmr1

Head Pro
Visit site
Anybody tried the new Sky Caddie Aire ?

If so, how do they compare to the original Skycaddies ?

Direct Golf currently have it advertised for £95,If spend another fiver and use the current promo (Euro20), I will get it for £80,
Take into account that I already have a Skycaddie SG2.5 and my renewal is up in December at a cost of £30,This takes my outlay tojust £50, then if sell my SG2.5 for £30 my cost for changing is just £20.

Is it worth it or not ?

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
I tried to do exactly the same a few months ago but after placing the order DG e-mailed to say it was out of stock and the delivery date kept slipping. Swapped it for a Bushnell Neo + in the end, which seems to have the same features. I'm delighted with the Bushnell, so I'd say the Skycaddie is also good value.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Two of my Mates have got these recently both are happy with them and with no subs to pay at less than a £100 what's not to like. Like you I have the 2.5 but when my subs are up I will go for the Aire.

Loz1607

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Took the plunge and brought the SC Aire at the weekend. Used it for the first time last night, really pleased. Small and user friendly, good accurate distances, simple to use. Exactly what I wanted.​

Lollfred

Head Pro
Visit site
I was lucky to receive one at a corporate day and have been using it for the last 2 months, find it very easy to use and has plenty of features, at the price seems a real bargain. It wont give you stats to hazardous that you may get with more expensive units, but i really do recommend it ... it has replaced my Golf Buddy Voice as my go to device.

Craggles89

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have just placed my order with DG for one of these, used the promo code and a voucher from my birthday and came to £60. My first GPS unit so hopefully can help with the scores!

kmdmr1

Head Pro
Visit site
I have just placed my order with DG for one of these, used the promo code and a voucher from my birthday and came to £60. My first GPS unit so hopefully can help with the scores!

From my experience with the SG2.5,it only can help with your scores,
Takes away any negative thoughts,and even though I play my home course 3 sometimes 4 times a week,I am lost without it,

Craggles89

Assistant Pro
Visit site
From my experience with the SG2.5,it only can help with your scores,
Takes away any negative thoughts,and even though I play my home course 3 sometimes 4 times a week,I am lost without it,

Well I'm hoping it can, most of the time I have to gauge distances with my eyes, or guess how far away I am away from the markers. If I play a course without markers, it becomes very difficult!

the smiling assassin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
also picked up one of these from DG for £75. with subs due on my sg2.5 again next month, figured it was probably about time for a change. i use a nikon coolshot and F/M/B is all i really want. seems like a nice unit - obviously a more basic unit than the 2.5, but that's fine by me.

kmdmr1

Head Pro
Visit site
also picked up one of these from DG for £75. with subs due on my sg2.5 again next month, figured it was probably about time for a change. i use a nikon coolshot and F/M/B is all i really want. seems like a nice unit - obviously a more basic unit than the 2.5, but that's fine by me.

How did you get for £75 ? If you dont mind me asking

Craggles89

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I placed my order with DG wednesday afternoon, opted for the free 3 - 5 day delivery and received it lunchtime today.

Very well done DG :thup:

Big-Dog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have had one from when they first came out and have had no problems very basic info front middle and back. However I regular get 3 rounds out of a charge and the clip that goes onto the bag works really well. I had a problem that was an accident and they replaced it with very little quibble. I would say now great value for money if you want a no nonsense with few bells and whistle GPS.

Hit Em Straight ......ish