Old Course this Thurs (14th/11) - Teetime available if you are....

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Evening all,
I have won a place in the ballot for this Thursday (14th Nov) at 11.40am.
I have booked 2 places, the other being for my Father, but this evening he has had to pull out due to a family issue.
If anyone on the forum would like to join me, they are most welcome. First come, first served.
Weather should be chilly but decent(ish), cost is £95 plus a caddie if required. No trolleys. Fairway mats compulsory. Max handicap 24

I am working on the assumption that they will be fine about me changing the name on the booking if I ring them up first thing tomorrow. If anyone thinks that this would be an issue, please let me know.
I'll be travelling up tomorrow, so would need to know by around 11.am tomorrow so I can contact the links one way or another.
I'm an 11 hcap, middle aged bloke who is unlikely to be too embarrassing (I hope)
dt.
pm me or leave details below for me to contact.

User20204

Visit site
The weather looks like it'll be bright and crisp, the crisp being the operative as they won't open the course if it's at all frosty, I know this from last winter when we were popped over to the New and it was solid.

I'm about an hour from there and actually wouldn't mind a game but couldn't confirm until probably Wednesday Evening at earliest I'm afraid.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No worries. If they decide to make sure I pay for 2 regardless you can turn up at 10 mins notice... I Will update the thread tomorrow when I ring them

User20204

Visit site
I very much doubt they will push for two payments and calling ahead is a good idea. It's to be a frosty one tonight, I'll keep an eye on their page to see when the course opens tomorrow.

I'm warming to the idea as I type. :D

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
blimey. If the course opens at (say) 11, I wonder how they manage the tee times?
I rang then today and they seemed unconcerned about the possible no-show. Said just to tell the starter that my Dad can't make it.
Luckily, my travel is not expensive (I work on the railways), so worse case is I lose one night b&b.

User20204

Visit site
I believe you lose your slot. Are you staying in the town ? If traveling via train you'll need to get from Leuchars to St Andrews.

All courses are now open.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I believe you lose your slot. Are you staying in the town ? If traveling via train you'll need to get from Leuchars to St Andrews.

All courses are now open.
That's helpful to know, as I have a sufficiently late tee time to maximise my chances.
Thanks for highlighting the issue, as I was able to check out their Twitter to make sure I am prepared for tomorrow.
I'm staying in town tonight, traveling up as we speak.