Sir Mo

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
just watching the Real Mo Farah.. take a bow Sir… what an sad/amazing backstory.. hats off to him to overcoming the situation and achieving so much. Also a nod to his PE teacher for persevering and helping him.

To come out and talk publicly about it would have taken some courage. To be fair, there is very little chance that They would dare take his citizenship away. They would probably have the Queen on the phone straightaway..

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 15344

I have been out so haven't seen the programme. Why did he keep this hidden for so long, prolong the invented back story?

Invented back story ?

I’m guessing it’s prob not a easy thing to go public on

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Invented back story ?

I’m guessing it’s prob not a easy thing to go public on
Yes, he created a past family life that didn't exist. I 100% understand why at the time but he has been a national hero for some time now and I was interested to hear why he kept that going when he could have told this story earlier. It wasn't a criticism, just interested in the nuts and bolts of it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes, he created a past family life that didn't exist. I 100% understand why at the time but he has been a national hero for some time now and I was interested to hear why he kept that going when he could have told this story earlier. It wasn't a criticism, just interested in the nuts and bolts of it.
For some reason I read that as inverted ?‍♂️

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Only he can answer that… sharing this story would have been a emotional experience.. it mentions that it took 2 years to make. He talks about risk of his citizenship being revoked. He has a family to think about. Trafficking/illegal immigrants is not an easy topic to discuss.

For every Mo there is probably 99 more under the radar and struggling with their identities

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only he can answer that… sharing this story would have been a emotional experience.. it mentions that it took 2 years to make. He talks about risk of his citizenship being revoked. He has a family to think about. Trafficking/illegal immigrants is not an easy topic to discuss.

For every Mo there is probably 99 more under the radar and struggling with their identities
Yeah.. a strange one that, when there's people in desperation coming to a country where there's people in desperation who were born there!!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I am guessing - Fear...the fear he was living with as a seriously abused child and that he has lived with all his life.
This for sure. It's been ingrained into him from a young age, and those psychological scars live with you.
We've also got to remember what happened with the deportation scandal of the Windrush generation.
The sad part about this is that, whilst he has been able to come out in the open about this, how many hundreds/thousands of people are in this country who are in a similar situation and dare not speak out?

D

Deleted member 1740

I havent seen the documentary yet but got i recorded on the planner to watch.

I was listening to the Jeremy Vine show on Radio 2 on Tuesday and was gobsmacked at the attitude of a particular gammon who wanted Mo stripped of his knighthood and sent back to Somolia as he is an iilegal immigrant??‍♂️??‍♂️

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I was listening to the Jeremy Vine show on Radio 2 on Tuesday and was gobsmacked at the attitude of a particular gammon who wanted Mo stripped of his knighthood and sent back to Somolia as he is an iilegal immigrant??‍♂️??‍♂️

Many would be thinking that, he is the one saying it… madness… I am sure many countries will line up to take him - though he is probably a more deserving Brit than the caller

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk

I wonder if he would have had the same attitude if Mo was white?