• Start date
D

Deleted member 3432

Couple from today..
15th
20210727_183205.jpg

3rd fairway, lots of divot filling this week in these collection areas
20210727_173941.jpg
13th green on top of the hill viewed from 11th fairway. Sadly my ball ended up in the Bush at the back of the green....20210727_190948.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
D

Deleted member 3432

Wow! that’s changed from when I was last up there ??

It's superb at present Dave, fairways are like concrete, greens pure and having to think about every shot ?

Just played penrith this morning, pishing down now so should take some sting out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
@saving_par how is the course looking at the moment? Burnt out fairways still or a little greener after the wetter weather earlier this month?

Playing tomorrow and cannot wait!

D

Deleted member 3432

@saving_par how is the course looking at the moment? Burnt out fairways still or a little greener after the wetter weather earlier this month?

Playing tomorrow and cannot wait!

It's greened up a touch but still plenty of run and big bounces. Straight hitting required to keep it in play.

Wind has switched to a North easterly which makes the back 9 play very long, make your score going out and hang on coming back, opposite of usual conditions.

The greens yesterday were superb (unlike my golf) and the speed took me a little by suprise after a couple of recent away rounds on very slow greens.

123*

Hacker
Visit site
It's greened up a touch but still plenty of run and big bounces. Straight hitting required to keep it in play.

Wind has switched to a North easterly which makes the back 9 play very long, make your score going out and hang on coming back, opposite of usual conditions.

The greens yesterday were superb (unlike my golf) and the speed took me a little by suprise after a couple of recent away rounds on very slow greens.

Only played it with the wind that way once, was bloody impossible!

D

Deleted member 3432

Only played it with the wind that way once, was bloody impossible!

Not according to WHS when the pcc doesn't move after playing comps in this wind direction ?????

Any significant breeze from that direction makes it very difficult indeed.

D

Deleted member 3432

Took this one from the right hand side of the 1st walking back to the car park from the practice ground.

Course is bone dry and playing fantastic at present. Bumped into some forumers teeing off while I was practice putting.

Very impressed with Captainron's stinger iron centre cut up the 1st ?
20210907_131213.jpg

D

Deleted member 3432

A group just short of the pathway approaching the sunken 1st green. Again viewed from practice ground.

Attachments

• 20210907_130953.jpg
    20210907_130953.jpg
    695.7 KB · Views: 13

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Took this one from the right hand side of the 1st walking back to the car park from the practice ground.

Course is bone dry and playing fantastic at present. Bumped into some forumers teeing off while I was practice putting.

Very impressed with Captainron's stinger iron centre cut up the 1st ?
View attachment 38300
Great to see you Ian! Course, weather, our 4 ball, food afterwards, all was an absolute pleasure.

What a place to call home ??

D

Deleted member 3432

Bunker on 15 freshly revetted.

Beauiful to look at, less so when you are in it...:eek:

FD7NbbXWQAEkcfN

D

Deleted member 3432

Jeez IAN; I'd need a bloody periscope to see out of that/imagine having Vertigo and looking DOWN into that-scary stuff:(

Proper pot bunkers, not very big but deep and a real danger of ending up in one of the corners where just getting it out is a result.

This is a baby compared to the two on the next hole :ROFLMAO:

Strangely the toughest greens to hit are bunkerless....

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Proper pot bunkers, not very big but deep and a real danger of ending up in one of the corners where just getting it out is a result.

This is a baby compared to the two on the next hole :ROFLMAO:

Strangely the toughest greens to hit are bunkerless....
Looking forward to getting down there Ian--Once SWMBO is ok about the driving (on the road-NOT the tee:whistle:)! WBIT