Sicknote

DCB

Visit site
Good news, speak to the physio and make sure they know what you're aiming for and they should, if they are any good, give you all you need to get your muscles back into use for your needs. I had great support from my outpatient physios when I left rehab hospital and they gave me a whole range of exercises and stretched, which I still use to this day. Take it gently, and don't try to rush things.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good news, speak to the physio and make sure they know what you're aiming for and they should, if they are any good, give you all you need to get your muscles back into use for your needs. I had great support from my outpatient physios when I left rehab hospital and they gave me a whole range of exercises and stretched, which I still use to this day. Take it gently, and don't try to rush things.

thanks DCB, same physio as when I did my ACL so know what im in for :) Pilates teacher also does biomechanics so will be getting help from her too

as for not rushing it, yeah thats the hard bit!!!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
excellent session with the physio yesterday got some more exercises to do.hopefully be able to drive a car again in a week or two, golfs a bit further away still :(

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And 3 months after fracturing my ankle Ive finally been able to hit some wedges this afternoon :) Felt good swinging a club again, still got to take it slowly and build it up before i can play a full round. The break has healed nicely it seems albeit a few issues with the ligaments and tendons still. Should be fighting fit just in time for the depths of winter haha

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
And 3 months after fracturing my ankle Ive finally been able to hit some wedges this afternoon :) Felt good swinging a club again, still got to take it slowly and build it up before i can play a full round. The break has healed nicely it seems albeit a few issues with the ligaments and tendons still. Should be fighting fit just in time for the depths of winter haha

Good news you've got club in hand again. Might as well take it easy and let winter come and go!!!