Sicknote

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Anyone would think its the start of summer, the decent weather has arrived and its time to be semi-living on the golf course

Or if you are me its time to get the crutches out again for a few weeks sigh! Damaged ankle ligaments meaning yet another enforced break, lets hope its not for too long as already going stir crazy 1 day in haha

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Jeez, Steve....
You need several layers of bubble wrap
If you were a horse they'd have shot you by now...
Just think of all the cricket you'll get to watch.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Jeez, Steve....
You need several layers of bubble wrap
If you were a horse they'd have shot you by now...
Just think of all the cricket you'll get to watch.

long time ago Ian lol, oh joy more cricket (at least the IPhelL is finished haha), on the plus side gonna see most of the PGA

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fundy is this out of sympathy for Gabriel. I take it you have contacted Arsene to say you are pulling out of the cup final as the treatment table calleth. All joking aside. Sorry to hear the news and speedy recovery sir

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone would think its the start of summer, the decent weather has arrived and its time to be semi-living on the golf course

Or if you are me its time to get the crutches out again for a few weeks sigh! Damaged ankle ligaments meaning yet another enforced break, lets hope its not for too long as already going stir crazy 1 day in haha

Know the feeling. Just torn an MCL in my left knee according to my physio. God knows how I done it. Been hobbling around all week.

Supposed to be going to Wentworth on Sunday, hopefully it'll last the day, but can't see me swinging a club for a good few weeks. And right when the weather sorts itself out. :rolleyes:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Turns out what I thought was ligament damage is also a chipped bone and thats my summer over :(

apologies for the grumpy posting over the next few months lol

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Bad luck old boy.

just don't let the wife know, if she is anything like mine she will be finding jobs for you to do for the rest of the summer!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Turns out what I thought was ligament damage is also a chipped bone and thats my summer over :(

apologies for the grumpy posting over the next few months lol

When you say chipped bone fundy, would that be similar to Missis T when she sprained her ankle. Went to A and E and that's what they confirmed until a week later when she had it X rayed and the sprain was actually a chipped bone where the ligament had pulled the anchor point bone off the ankle.

me I just snapped the outer ligament of three off my ankle a couple of decades ago. Had it reattached three or four years ago as I kept wapping over. Rory had the same injury a year or so ago.

The he times I went over on my ankle and was in tears with the pain. I don't miss them days one bit.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When you say chipped bone fundy, would that be similar to Missis T when she sprained her ankle. Went to A and E and that's what they confirmed until a week later when she had it X rayed and the sprain was actually a chipped bone where the ligament had pulled the anchor point bone off the ankle.

me I just snapped the outer ligament of three off my ankle a couple of decades ago. Had it reattached three or four years ago as I kept wapping over. Rory had the same injury a year or so ago.

The he times I went over on my ankle and was in tears with the pain. I don't miss them days one bit.

nah its a clean crack in the bone separate from the ligament, hopefully should heal easily that way

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Saw my physio again yesterday. Say's it's going to be 4-6 weeks for the medial ligament to recover and I'm supposed to be going to Spain in 3 weeks on a golfing holiday.

Not a happy bunny right now.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My Missus manage to break both ankles (at same time) she was frustrated as hell, as I can you are. Take the medics and physios advice and don't push it. There's not much blood flow to ligaments so healing takes time or you'll pay for it years down to line.

Good luck.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hallelujah, finally able to take the boot off, see the physio early next week to see what its gonna take to get me back on the golf course asap! Stage 1 going to be to find myself a calf muscle as the one I used to have seems to have wasted away!