Should Tiger call it a day?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As per the title, looks like he will be coming last of those who made the cut and has faded badly in the final 2 rounds so, despite what he and his people say, he is not physically up to playing 4 rounds. He doesn’t need the money and is in danger of tainting his legacy with the younger fans who won’t believe that he was once virtually unbeatable so is it time he faced facts that he isn’t going to win ( or be challenging) anymore?

PaulMdj

Visit site
He practically has already hasn't he? Hopefully he'll continue to play the Masters anyway like Couples, Langer etc.
He can do that while playing on The Seniors Tour, and, I believe the rules are a bit more relaxed for players to use buggies.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I think he should call it a day.

Having seen him live a few times I'll never forget the sound of his club on ball - awesome 😁

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hope he goes to liv for a mega amount of cash. Him moving would force the tours to get back together plus he invests into various foundations & charities so the money may actually do some good.

But never gonna happen.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There was a strong rumour that he would announce his retirement after his Masters is finished....he would play the Majors this year as a kind of Farewell Tour.
I think coming DFL today will make him think......his time has gone.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
There was a strong rumour that he would announce his retirement after his Masters is finished....he would play the Majors this year as a kind of Farewell Tour.
I think coming DFL today will make him think......his time has gone.
I think this is what he should do. He needs an exemption for the US Open, but that wouldn't be a problem as many people have had them in the past.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
While he continues to be allowed to play in the Masters I think that he will want to play.
He did play 4 rounds and his final 12 holes were one over par.
He wants to be everything his predecessors have been in this event. He is only 48.

Nicklaus finished 6th at age 58 and made his last cut at 60.
Player finished 6th at age 54 and made his last cut at 62.

The answer to the question, "Should he call it a day?" will best be answered by words out of the gob of the man himself.
I'm sure he will let us know in due course.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
He voted against a previous bloke who wanted to use a buggy. To use one himself would be hypocritical.
Wasn't John Daly allowed to use a buggy, I don't think he has had many major operations.
Mibbie hypocritical but practical and probably acceptable IMHO.
At age 77.5 i can manage to play 9/12 holes comfortably on a flat course, without a buggy.
But can easily play18 regularly using a buggy and could play 36 if I really wanted to.

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
Should those that don’t make the cut call it a day as well? After all, they lost to a bloke on one leg who apparently should give up.

👆This…..He’s made 24 straight Masters cuts and won fifteen Majors. There’s no possibility of ‘tainting his legacy’.
If youngsters don’t know how great he was, tell them to google it. The young don’t know anything anyway.
He’s 49 and Tom Watson almost won The Open at 59. Keep on keeping on Eldrick.