Should those in the public eye resign for breaking lockdown rules?

D

Deleted member 16999

Ignoring? If you want my opinion on it post a link and I'll decide if I find it worthy of commenting on.
Ha, Ha, so yesterday it was mentioned, discussed at length on here when it happened and you are still in denial! Brilliant, you couldn’t make it up.:censored:

Robert Jenrick

The Housing, Communities and Local Government Secretary was forced to explain himself after travelling more than an hour to visit his parents despite warning people to remain at home.

Mr Jenrick was also criticised for travelling 150 miles from his London property to his Herefordshire home from where he travelled to his parents in Shropshire.

However, he defended his actions, saying he went to deliver food and medicine to his isolating parents.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ha, Ha, so yesterday it was mentioned, discussed at length on here when it happened and you are still in denial! Brilliant, you couldn’t make it up.:censored:

Robert Jenrick

The Housing, Communities and Local Government Secretary was forced to explain himself after travelling more than an hour to visit his parents despite warning people to remain at home.

Mr Jenrick was also criticised for travelling 150 miles from his London property to his Herefordshire home from where he travelled to his parents in Shropshire.

However, he defended his actions, saying he went to deliver food and medicine to his isolating parents.
I have told you before, I dont read all the posts on here, it's not compulsary. I will take a look at it and let you know my feeling on the matter as you appear to want my feedback.

Is there really any need for the insults.

D

Deleted member 16999

I have told you before, I dont read all the posts on here, it's not compulsary. I will take a look at it and let you know my feeling on the matter as you appear to want my feedback.

Is there really any need for the insults.
What insult? I haven’t insulted you!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What insult? I haven’t insulted you!
Just think a minute what would be the reaction if you said the attached to someone you dont know in a conservation, or if they said it to you. I'm not thinned skinned but its inflamitory language and many would consider it an insult. Im trying to stop getting into conversations with you that are set to escalate and result in warnings from Mods. Weve both been asked to stop it so let's make an effort please.

"Ha, Ha, so yesterday it was mentioned, discussed at length on here when it happened and you are still in denial! Brilliant, you couldn’t make it up ?"

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I'm no Mary Whitehouse but I'd probably delete the last post as in your rush to show someone on the left swearing, the twitter link visible contains all sorts of potty mouth language that I'd say is against the forum rules. Or at the very least the spirit of the rules. If that counts nowadays.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just think a minute what would be the reaction if you said the attached to someone you dont know in a conservation, or if they said it to you. I'm not thinned skinned but its inflamitory language and many would consider it an insult. Im trying to stop getting into conversations with you that are set to escalate and result in warnings from Mods. Weve both been asked to stop it so let's make an effort please.

"Ha, Ha, so yesterday it was mentioned, discussed at length on here when it happened and you are still in denial! Brilliant, you couldn’t make it up ?"
I’d laugh and tell them to stick it were the sun don’t shine, but certainly not insulted. There was no intention to insult you, the reaction was sheer disbelief in your answer to me.

You constantly post sarcastic comments, are you saying you are actually insulting someone everytime you do.o_O

Have you researched Jenrick yet?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’d laugh and tell them to stick it were the sun don’t shine, but certainly not insulted. There was no intention to insult you, the reaction was sheer disbelief in your answer to me.

You constantly post sarcastic comments, are you saying you are actually insulting someone everytime you do.o_O

Have you researched Jenrick yet?
I repeat, I will not get drawn into threads with you that escalate into warnings, it's happened too often.

I will reply to your question when I have a little more time. I dont have a lot of time this evening.

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
So a guy who in a state of panic travels with his family to protect his child in a worst case scenario. The media have hated him from day one so drum a hysteria against him dragging along the public and we all want him sacked for his mistake In which he thinks he did the right thing. Never went near anyone so minimal risk.
so did we get the 400 Plus people’s names and job sat on the beaches yesterday deliberately flouting rules knowingly, with a major risk to public health, so we can demand they are all sacked too. Or is it one rule for him and one rule for the masses ?

D

Deleted member 16999

I repeat, I will not get drawn into threads with you that escalate into warnings, it's happened too often.

I will reply to your question when I have a little more time. I dont have a lot of time this evening.
Well rest assured I wasn’t trying to draw you in to anything, you come across as an intelligent person who tends to follow politics and keeps up to date, therefore I am still bewildered at your lack of knowledge about Jenrick and await your response with anticipation and a pinch of suspense.

P.S. No insults were included or intended in this post.:geek:

D

Deleted member 16999

So a guy who in a state of panic travels with his family to protect his child in a worst case scenario. The media have hated him from day one so drum a hysteria against him dragging along the public and we all want him sacked for his mistake In which he thinks he did the right thing. Never went near anyone so minimal risk.
so did we get the 400 Plus people’s names and job sat on the beaches yesterday deliberately flouting rules knowingly, with a major risk to public health, so we can demand they are all sacked too. Or is it one rule for him and one rule for the masses ?
Behave, none of them 400 are at the top end of Government and responsible for policies and decisions affecting the whole Country.

I no longer think he should be sacked for his trip to Durham as I accept his reasons even if I don’t agree with them.

Life is not fair and people in positions of responsibility are held to a higher standard whether we like it or not.

Did he admit to being in a state of panic? As that was not his reason for travelling.

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
Behave, none of them 400 are at the top end of Government and responsible for policies and decisions affecting the whole Country.

I no longer think he should be sacked for his trip to Durham as I accept his reasons even if I don’t agree with them.

Life is not fair and people in positions of responsibility are held to a higher standard whether we like it or not.

just wanted to put a different spin on it. We are all appalled because of his job and position of his behaviour and want him sacked. But we are in same way happy to stand by and watch 400plus on a beach, 200 at a rave in Leeds, 200 plus in a village near Me on motorbikes all sat about in groups eating Ice cream on a village green etc and not want any action of any kind. And yes I don’t agree with what he did but I do understand why, well the trip up there as for rest mmmmm but to loose your job over protecting your child, I’m sorry no.