Should those in the public eye resign for breaking lockdown rules?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Resigned because he dropped off essentials to a parent who was self isolating ?

um - went to see his dad on his birthday....according Kinnock Jnr himself..... he apologised, didn't resign, wasnt asked to and he hasn't got a load of journos outside his (or his parents') house.... but I guess he isnt a Tory.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
um - went to see his dad on his birthday....according Kinnock Jnr himself..... he apologised, didn't resign, wasnt asked to and he hasn't got a load of journos outside his (or his parents') house.... but I guess he isnt a Tory.
I guess poor old pensioner Neil cant afford home delivery.

D

Deleted member 15344

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What I think has become very noticeable and started with BoJos presentation on Sunday is that they are clearly trying to shut out the TV and press at the briefing.

Prior to the Cummings scandal each questioner was allowed 2 questions and invited to come back after the answer given. If a questioned is raised now referencing DC there is a response and the government minister immediately goes to the next journalist no second question - no comeback.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
If you want a golfing analogy, what he did may have been within the rules but it wasn't in spirit of them.
The total lack of contrition really isn't helping him and it is diverting the importance of any messages the government is trying to send out.
On the first day after it became public the transport secretary was on making announcements to some changes to the road infrastructure. But who can really remember what he said?
Whilst he is there, it weakens the messages from the government. For the good of the country, he should stand down.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What I think has become very noticeable and started with BoJos presentation on Sunday is that they are clearly trying to shut out the TV and press at the briefing.

Prior to the Cummings scandal each questioner was allowed 2 questions and invited to come back after the answer given. If a questioned is raised now referencing DC there is a response and the government minister immediately goes to the next journalist no second question - no comeback.
The journos need to smarten up and coordinate their questions.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk

I've noticed that as well. I imagine that a lot of the ministers are deeply peed off at the whole situation and struggling to hold the party line.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you want a golfing analogy, what he did may have been within the rules but it wasn't in spirit of them.
The total lack of contrition really isn't helping him and it is diverting the importance of any messages the government is trying to send out.
On the first day after it became public the transport secretary was on making announcements to some changes to the road infrastructure. But who can really remember what he said?
Whilst he is there, it weakens the messages from the government. For the good of the country, he should stand down.
Would that be a bit like your playing partner saying "I know you are entitled to a free drop but I dont like it"

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That link doesn’t show anything

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....k-targeted-by-police-for-visiting-father-neil

I felt that this was essential travel as I had to deliver some necessary supplies to my parents. I stayed long enough to sing ‘happy birthday’ to Dad, and then I was off. All the best, S
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...-wales-police-labour-mp-twitter-a4401186.html

OK, here it is again. Doesnt seem like the Police agreed with the necessary supplies. Does anyone honestly believe Neil Kinnock needs his son to deliver supplies to him. Really!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
No. I can't figure anything in the Rules that could possibly be 'not in the spirit of them'. The Rules are extremely binary wrt 'legal versus not legal'!