Should have been tonight!!

steadyon

Hacker
Visit site
When I first started with my pro in October I set the target of consistently breaking 85. I have a lesson a month. I’m not really much of a sportsman But I thought if I could play bogey golf consistently and cut out the real embarrassing shots, the tops and fats I’d be quite happy.

Anyway, I almost always break 85 now, still get the occasional high 80’s.

So I‘ve set myself the target of breaking 80 a few times this year (but that’s hard!)

Tonight first 4 holes, par, triple, double, double. Thinking oh well gonna be a struggle tonight then.

Then! Something clicked, walked off with 82, longest drive ever, about 280 yards (was backwind though!). And I’d missed several 5 footers.

I think it’s only a matter of time.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
80 is a bit of a bugbear of mine, I have broken it in a team cop and at a course with a 68 par but only once at my place (par 72) but it was in a stableford, I want to do it in a medal, I have needed 2 putts for a 79 and 3 putted and as recent as two weeks ago need a bogey on the last and had a treble, itis a frustrating number

D

Deleted member 29109

80 is a bit of a bugbear of mine, I have broken it in a team cop and at a course with a 68 par but only once at my place (par 72) but it was in a stableford, I want to do it in a medal, I have needed 2 putts for a 79 and 3 putted and as recent as two weeks ago need a bogey on the last and had a treble, itis a frustrating number

Were you aware of your score on what you needed to do on those occasions?

If so have you tried not adding your score up until after you’ve finished?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I wish I could block out the score but I always know exactly how I stand
I found that best way to keep a good round going is to not start scoring Stableford, and don’t add up gross as I go along - and I might not even check half way round. Such a check - even total gross - changes nothing about how well I’ve played over front 9, and is just an unneeded and frankly irrelevant distraction for the 9 to go.

D

Deleted member 25575

I had one of these yesterday, sarted Bird, par, par, bird, then bog ,trip, par, par, par to close out the front 9 at 2 over with a tripple.
Par on 10, then, double, quad, bog, par, par, trip, bog bog to finish +14, having beem +2 after 10.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I found that best way to keep a good round going is to not start scoring Stableford, and don’t add up gross as I go along - and I might not even check half way round. Such a check - even total gross - changes nothing about how well I’ve played over front 9, and is just an unneeded and frankly irrelevant distraction for the 9 to go.
Why is it easier to try and block out adding up, or even just knowing that it’s a good round because you’ve written down lots of pars, rather than dealing with the fact and just always playing the best golf you can ?