Shot scope v3???

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Thinking about getting a shotscope v3 watch with tags to track my stats .
they worth the money ?im using a app on my Apple Watch at the moment which is very basic and gives just yardage to the green .

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I've got one. I like it, but it's not for everyone, especially if you don't have the time to do the editing required to make the stats accurate.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had one, played a couple of rounds with it, didn’t like it, had an issue with gps the second round and took it back. All subjective isn’t it but the things I didn’t like were:

-It doesn’t keep track of your score
-Taking a practice swing before every shot (even putter) and if you don’t you have to try and add a shot in later
-Remembering to collect your putts on the green, rather than half way up the next fairway
-The work required post round

I’ve gone back to an app on the watch, trialling the Taylormade one which can give me plenty of stats, just doesn’t automatically track each shot/club, which I’m ok with.

I’d certainly say do your research first (they have a load of videos on their YouTube channel) to make sure you’ll like it.

Springveldt

Visit site
I used a Garmin watch for years before switching to ShotScope midway through last season.

For me it’s been great. Never misses a shot, GPS works well at my course. They are also very, very responsive to any requests to remap a course.

Yes you need to edit a round afterwards as usually the putting is a bit flakey but that’s just down to the limitations of GPS. Even then it’s takes me about 5 minutes on my PC to do it. The app on the phone can be a bit fiddly to edit with.

The stats are really good though and the reason I switch from Garmins crap stats. Definitely worth the money imho.

My only gripe is that they don’t do a longer strap. I’ve got big wrists and even on the largest setting the watch is a bit tight. I can’t wear it as an everyday watch due to this.