Short backswing...

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
into the sunlight?

seriously though as your 'reaching' for the ball I would say you hit it further than you should ;)

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
into the sunlight?

seriously though as your 'reaching' for the ball I would say you hit it further than you should ;)

Yip, I do "reach" which I struggle with. I had lessons early this year to stop my crowding over the ball which has turned into a very wide stance.

But how far?

By the way, I'm NOT trying to boast so don't think I'm trying to get low answers when I wait to reveal I hit it miles because I don't. I genuinely want to know how far people think my wonky swing hits a Cobra S2 Max 9i.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
145 carry? - looks like you got a nice wide arch there

Probably further than a full swing if your anything like me,
the further i swing it back the more chance i've got to get some wrong :eek:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Your swing looks a little narrow and a bit snatchy in the follow through to me. I would estimate you hit it around 120 yards.

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As suggested above, why is this thread called Short backswing? Seriously, that is well within the range of what would be called a normal backswing length, especially with a short iron.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
It may be within "normal" in the grand scheme of things but given that I don't even get to within 45 degrees of parallel, I'm on safe ground saying that's a short backswing.

In answer to my own question, I play a 9i at an average of 135 yards in benign conditions (well spotted Kev :D).

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It may be within "normal" in the grand scheme of things but given that I don't even get to within 45 degrees of parallel, I'm on safe ground saying that's a short backswing.

In answer to my own question, I play a 9i at an average of 135 yards in benign conditions (well spotted Kev :D).

If the top of the image didn't cut off your hands and the club, I'd have known that! ;)

Your arms are in a perfectly normal position, so it must be lack of wrist break that makes it short? :D

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Your arms are in a perfectly normal position, so it must be lack of wrist break that makes it short? :D

Hmm, could be. How much power does lack of wrist break cause?

Can be a fair bit: it's the wrist lag and then snapping back through the ball at impact that create a really positive strike and good clubhead speed. But as ever, if you have issues about how you're hitting the ball, your PGA pro is then man to consult.

As long as you're enjoying yourself, that's the main thing!