Shane Warne RIP

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
As I said on the cricket thread, this news has stunned the cricket world. It takes a lot to actually upset me, and this genuinely has.

A fabulous cricketer, ambassador for his sport and nation, and one of my favourite pundits by an absolute mile.

I can still see the puzzled look on Mike Gatting’s face when he was bamboozled by perhaps the best delivery I have ever seen.

RIP Warney. The sporting world has lost a genuine great.

gregbwfc

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As I said on the cricket thread, this news has stunned the cricket world. It takes a lot to actually upset me, and this genuinely has.

A fabulous cricketer, ambassador for his sport and nation, and one of my favourite pundits by an absolute mile.

I can still see the puzzled look on Mike Gatting’s face when he was bamboozled by perhaps the best delivery I have ever seen.

RIP Warney. The sporting world has lost a genuine great.

Can't really add to that except to say he was the best bowler I ever saw.
Legend and genius.
Truly shocked by this.

Carlwm

Visit site
What a player.

That first ball in '93, eh? What an introduction to the Ashes. Love this tribute to it:

AliMc

Visit site
Had brief chat with him when he was playing at Archerfield in one of Ian Botham's charity days, he was at a table next to ours with Botham and Graham Gooch, he seemed a genuinely down to earth cheery bloke

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Can't believe it so soon after Rodney Marsh, and so young. Australia will definitely be mourning 2 cricketing legends.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
A real shock, only 52.

My fave cricketer, changed the game in the 90s.

Deeply saddened, I met him once and chatted about legs spin with him and my inability to bowl a googly

Last edited: