Sergio DQ'd

Pin-seeker

Visit site
We have had members damage greens from throwing clubs or kicking something etc - one went and spoke to a greenkeeper - he apologised was warned , something took a divot out of a green in a fit of frustration, again warned. But then golf for us is different- it’s our hobby , for them it’s their job

He has been sanctioned - you and others may not like the sanction but it’s happened and move on , it’s complete clap trap to suggest that a precedent has been set for further incidents to be excused etc etc

I have no doubt stuff has gone on behind doors , his rep has taken a hit , he may lose out in other ways but for Christ sake we are supposed to be a forgiving society -he has apologised - the people that matter have accepted it , move on

Have you had any members damage multiple greens?

Wolf

Visit site
We have had members damage greens from throwing clubs or kicking something etc - one went and spoke to a greenkeeper - he apologised was warned , something took a divot out of a green in a fit of frustration, again warned. But then golf for us is different- it’s our hobby , for them it’s their job

He has been sanctioned - you and others may not like the sanction but it’s happened and move on , it’s complete clap trap to suggest that a precedent has been set for further incidents to be excused etc etc

I have no doubt stuff has gone on behind doors , his rep has taken a hit , he may lose out in other ways but for Christ sake we are supposed to be a forgiving society -he has apologised - the people that matter have accepted it , move on
Did those members damage multiple greens in the same round... A 1 off can be forgiven if done multiple times sorry I'd expect more to be done.

So you don't believe a precedent has been set so if this happens to say a lesser known player like for example a Kurt Kitayama and the tour then decide to ban him you think that would be acceptable even though Garcia got a DQ, the precedent is set set because they've given out a sub par punishment meaning if someone else does this they cannot treat them differently.

Forgiving society what had that got to do with it, it wasn't a one off he did it multiple times but its OK he said sorry we shouldn't have an opinion we should move on, we'll funny enough some of us don't agree enough has been done and are debating it on a golf forum if you don't wish to discuss the other side of the coin perhaps you should move on from this thread..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Quote from Brooks Koepka out now:

“Ugh, it’s frustrating as a player to see, to act like that, to disrespect everybody,”

“To act like a child out there is not cool. It’s not setting a good example and it’s not cool to us, showing us no respect or anybody else.”

“That’s just Sergio acting like a child.

“It’s unfortunate that he’s got to do that and complain. Everybody’s got to play the same golf course.

“I didn’t play very good, but you didn’t really see anybody else doing that. You’re 40-years-old so you gotta grow up eventually.”

Pin-seeker

Visit site

“Ugh, it’s frustrating as a player to see, to act like that, to disrespect everybody,”

“To act like a child out there is not cool. It’s not setting a good example and it’s not cool to us, showing us no respect or anybody else.”

“It’s unfortunate that he’s got to do that and complain. Everybody’s got to play the same golf course.

“I didn’t play very good, but you didn’t really see anybody else doing that. You’re 40-years-old so you gotta grow up eventually.”

Koepka gives honest interviews & seems like he doesn’t care who he upsets.
Good on him.

Wolf

Visit site

Full respect to Koepka for his honesty and not just accepting it..

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think this is the tours fault they are scared of upsetting the big stars .
A S Dyson is not a world star but banning a masters champion is another matter.
It’s all about money and one of the big sponsors back Sergio.
This is the only reason I can see ,as nobody has come up with a decent reason he hasn’t been banned
For “serious misconduct “ just how serious does it have to be?

I hope the committees in these tours do grow some and sort these spoilt children out
After all our children watch them.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think this is the tours fault they are scared of upsetting the big stars .
A S Dyson is not a world star but banning a masters champion is another matter.
It’s all about money and one of the big sponsors back Sergio.
This is the only reason I can see ,as nobody has come up with a decent reason he hasn’t been banned
For “serious misconduct “ just how serious does it have to be?

I hope the committees in these tours do grow some and sort these spoilt children out
After all our children watch them.

Why don’t you instead of ranting about it on here send some correspondence to the ET themselves, obviously don’t forget to mention an unrelated incident that happened 6 years ago when someone was breaking rules of golf

http://www.europeantour.com/aboutus/privacy/index.html

Their email is down the bottom of that page

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Koepka gives honest interviews & seems like he doesn’t care who he upsets.
Good on him.

Does he?
Has he done other interviews where he has upset someone?

Would he have said it if it was a fellow Ryder cup player?

I don’t know because I don’t watch interviews that much,just asking the question

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Sums up Garcia perfectly. I'm disappointed just because the players say it's done with the ET feel it's fine to brush it back under the carpet. When is the ET and PGA tour going to really take a stance. I think this sends a poor message to other tour players and fans

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why don’t you instead of ranting about it on here send some correspondence to the ET themselves, obviously don’t forget to mention an unrelated incident that happened 6 years ago when someone was breaking rules of golf

I will do thanks.

But if you don’t like the debate don’t join in.
Oh and by the way it’s a Golf forum?????

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Does he?
Has he done other interviews where he has upset someone?

Would he have said it if it was a fellow Ryder cup player?

I don’t know because I don’t watch interviews that much,just asking the question

Recently had a pop at the slow players.

Sorry that’s all I’ve got 🤷‍♂️😂

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Yeah Phil imagine discussing something golf related on here 😳

Why always you hey Phil? 🙄

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Just sent my email it will be interesting to hear the official )excuse) reason
Cheers Phil.