Self adjusted hcp

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played in an away comp recently, which the organisers have said was qualifying, the cards or results haven't made it back to my club yet despite it being two weeks ago. I've chased the organisation and asked the club but no sign yet. I've not played in a q comp a since this but do have a club semi final match Saturday and a Medal Sunday so I should self adjust my handicap shouldn't it?

The away rounds were at Woking, morning round gross 77, 40 points so well under hcp which would be a cut, afternoon round wasn't so good, no idea on gross due to blobs by 29 points which would be 0.1 back on but you can only adjust down not up can't you? Par is 70, SSS 71. Current hcp 9.8, playing 10, should potentially be off 9 this weekend?

Thanks in advance for any help?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
You should self adjust (down only). Check with the organising club for the CSS or use the SSS if you can't contact them. In fact they should be able to tell you exactly what the adjustment should be.
Have you looked at the CDH?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You must self adjust downwards based upon the SSS if the result has not been published and your handicap adjusted accordingly.
You are not allowed to self adjust upwards (ie the afternoon round).
CONGU UHS
20.11 If a player returns a Qualifying Score or Scores below his Playing Handicap at his Home Club or away and is unable to:
(a) report an away score(s) to his Home Club; or
(b) ascertain whether or not his Playing Handicap has been reduced as a result of the score(s)

he must, before playing in another competition at his Home Club or away, for that competition make such reduction to his Playing Handicap as shall be appropriate under the UHS by applying the Competition Scratch Score if known, otherwise the Standard Scratch Score, to calculate his Nett Differential and handicap reduction.

If you do not know how to do it you can find the info in the CONGU UHS manual (Clause 20)

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes so this is for a seperate comp on a different down. I know I need to self adjust down. I don#t know the CSS only the SSS. CDH hasn't been updated yet (2 weeks late)
I'll read the Congu on lunch but does anyone know how I should do it here?
Thanks,

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can't he just report his scores to HIS H/cap team & they'll record it using SSS..... as the Woking Club may never, officially, send the result through. After all, unless it was declared as a 'Non-Q' Comp then it WAS Q & adjustment should result..... or am I misunderstanding? Obviously best to have a copy of the card or an image to submit, but would that be necessary??

D

Deleted member 15344

Have you not reported the score back to your HC committee ? That way they can add it onto your record using the SSS and when it comes through CDH they can then double check it

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have asked them why its not been adjusted. In the past when Ive played away my hcp has always been updated accordingly but not this time round. I've told them I had the two rounds, one good one bad, but they've just said we'll look into it. No copy of the card as it was handed in. It was always a Q comp, not declared Non Q then changed.

So for tomorrow I'll have to self cut from 9.8 to 8.6 and play of 9 not 10 while its being dealt with.