Scotty camerons...

miniTIGER95

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ha ha ha another that is deserving of a gulability tax!

seems-legit.jpg
I feel like a * now. I had no idea how expensive scotty camerons where. Oh and do people buy them without testing first? Because there are NO shops in my county that sell them?

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I feel like a * now. I had no idea how expensive scotty camerons where. Oh and do people buy them without testing first? Because there are NO shops in my county that sell them?

I am only teasing. I guess I am lucky that the shop near me has loads of different putters. I can only reiterate that you do try out putters beforehand as they are highly subjective and personal. I use a fastback 1 and honestly can't see me changing it anytime soon. Good luck with the search though.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not looking to make a big deal out of this but the one I own and the one shown to me by my pal both fall into a closed position when sat behind the ball, The reason I mentioned his handicap was to emphasize the point that neither of us are hackers, we both know our way round a golf course. In fact, he was actually an assistant pro who now has his amateur status back.

You're not in a position to comment on these two particular putters because you haven't seen them and I'm not arguing that the Newport 2 isn't a very popular putter on tour. What I am saying though is maybe Scotty quality control isn't what it should be? I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a £200 putter to have top notch build quality.

My apologies. I thought you WERE trying to make a big deal out of it.

I must have missed the part where you said that they are good putters but one or two may have been out of spec. I mistakenly thought you said Cameron putters were poo, and I was simply saying I certainly smelt some poo, but I didn't think it was the putter.

Friends now?

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
D4S You aren't the only one who has reported this

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?33090-Putters-that-actually-sit-SQUARE!&highlight=scotty+cameron

That was about a SS Newport 2.5. Don't know if DV did any further checks or what the outcome was.

As I said on that thread no problems at all with my Newport 2.5 placed on a flat vinyl floor with tile effects so I can check the alignment very easily. Sits dead square when the sole of the club is flat. If I move my hands forward the toe opens slightly, if I raise the toe however the face falls closed. That is simply due to which part of the sole the putter is resting on.

The fact the Cleveland sits differently could just be because the sole profile is different.

So might be worth checking on a really flat surface like a kitchen work top. Make sure the head is dead level and is resting dead on the centre.

If it still looks closed I'd suggest you contact Scotty Cameron/Titleist sending them a photo and seeing what they say. I doubt they'd be happy thinking you had a duff club.

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
im getting the lie changed on my scotty and it has to go back to titleist. it will take two whole weeks!

my brother got a new odyssey blade type putter so i used his old two ball odyssey tonight for a few holes. i was amazed at how easy it was to line up. as much as i dont like looking at the two ball head, so far, it seems to work!

I'm the same - I always find myself going back to the 2ball - it somehow just seems easier but the stats still tell the same story as with any other putter I use? Tradesman, not the tools!!

I've had Scotty in the past. Newport 2. Very nice club and I regret selling it.

Rather than ebay, maybe keep a look out on the Gumtree, Vivastreet sites for maybe someone local selling one. You could still get a good price and if not to far, could arrange a meeting point to take away any postal costs.

munro007

Tour Rookie
www.craigmillarpark.co.uk
I'm just giving my opinion about putters and how I think that Odyssey is the brand to go for. You should try more brands than just the most expensive and outlandish ones as from what I've found they don't always work

I have had Odyssey putters, and i found them rubbish, very little feeling. I have been around the block regards putters, maybe you should try other putters. And if you can afford quality, then why not buy quality.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm the same - I always find myself going back to the 2ball - it somehow just seems easier but the stats still tell the same story as with any other putter I use? Tradesman, not the tools!!

I've had Scotty in the past. Newport 2. Very nice club and I regret selling it.

Rather than ebay, maybe keep a look out on the Gumtree, Vivastreet sites for maybe someone local selling one. You could still get a good price and if not to far, could arrange a meeting point to take away any postal costs.

back out today with the two ball. im slowly learning to love it!

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hand on Heart ....... have owned a few Scottys in my time, only 1 wish Id never got rid of, original Red X, Red X2, Centre-shaft, 33", 350g.........cant find one now ( would only buy Mint )

I did recently trial my mates Studio Select ( 2011 ) newport 1.5, lovely putter, lovely feel, just something..........not quite there, if I was going to buy another, Id get fitted, often think maybe Too much loft for me.....??

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have the 2012 Del Mar and, quite frankly, its the nuts!!

I love the look, the feel, the balance, even the feel of the grip!!!

Scotts aren't for everyone and I understand that not every player will get on with them as, well, everyones different but if you're going to spend that amount of cash...... Get fitted.

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have had Odyssey putters, and i found them rubbish, very little feeling. I have been around the block regards putters, maybe you should try other putters. And if you can afford quality, then why not buy quality.

I have tried putters from my local pro including Scotty, Mizuno, and TM models and while the Scotty and others where very nice, they didn't warrant the extra £100+ compared to my Current Odyssey Model. I personally don't believe in frivolously spending money on something that has the best name for purely snob value and I don't mind if others want to. I was just merely stating my opinion that Odyssey should be considered and they aren't one of the most popular putters on tour for having "no feel"

munro007

Tour Rookie
www.craigmillarpark.co.uk
Its not really the same as owning and using it on different course etc, test clubs from your pro. Its all about finding a balance. What Tour is Odyssey one of the most popular putters.

miniTIGER95

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the 2012 Del Mar and, quite frankly, its the nuts!!

I love the look, the feel, the balance, even the feel of the grip!!!

Scotts aren't for everyone and I understand that not every player will get on with them as, well, everyones different but if you're going to spend that amount of cash...... Get fitted.
How much did that set you back? and did you try before you buy ? because i can't find anywhere near me that has them.