Scottsdale Golf

123*

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all,

Apologies in advance for the lengthy post.

I appreciate that Scottsdale has a very good reputation and solid following so accept I may get some stick!

However, I haven’t exactly been overwhelmed with their service so far, reading TrustPilot also has some ‘mixed’ reviews.

I ordered a set of irons, they were due for delivery on Thursday, very happy with the service so far! Even better, I got an email on Tuesday morning saying they would be delivered the following day (Wednesday), I therefore took the opportunity to work from home that day to ensure I was in to collect the irons, they were designed to be a surprise so didn’t want that person seeing them!

At around 11 on Wednesday I got an email and text from Scottsdale stating my delivery had been changed to the Thursday as requested, I hadn’t requested anything so rang Scottsdale, apparently the phone lines had been taken down due to Covid, annoying but fair enough! Emailed instead and got a prompt response.

Apparently the box had came open during transit and the delivery company wanted to check with Scottsdale that everything was still as it should be before delivery. Scottsdale confirmed it was but the order would be delayed.

Obviously this was less than ideal but understandable. As the clubs were a present and I would be unable to stay at home for another day I asked Scottsdale if they could be delivered to my work, no problem, couldn’t be more accommodating.

Literally, 3 minutes after receiving the above confirmation I got an email through that the clubs had been delivered to my house. Surprise was therefore completely ruined and less than happy.

Got home and was presented with the unopened box, straight away it was obvious the box had been battered about, it was pretty much open on one side. It was held together by the smallest amount of tape, no surprise it had become dislodged during transit.

I then opened the box and to my amazement noticed the heads were completely unprotected, a small amount of bubble wrap which I assume was attached when sent was dislodged. As a result upon inspection almost every iron had been chipped or scratched in some way. Not great on a £850 set of irons.

The grips were also stained orange from the box, I assume from it being in some kind of moisture so the colour seeped through?

I contacted Scottsdale immediately asking them to rectify the situation and have yet to receive a response. Now I appreciate I’ve only left it a couple of days but it’s not a great look, when everything was going fine I was receiving a response within about 10 minutes.

Since my issue, radio silence, others are saying a lack of response too on TrustPilot so becoming slightly concerned.

Wondering if anyone else has had similar and what to expect? I don’t particularly like the idea of waiting ages for another set of irons but at the same time I don’t expect to spend that much money on damaged goods!

They have also tried to distance themselves from the initial issue during transit, implying it was more the fault of the delivery company, however, upon viewing the packaging it was sent in I am not exactly surprised there was an issue. Surely the bare minimum of sending something of that value and delicacy is that you cover it in bubble wrap?!

Thanks.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Just curious, where the clubs in the packaging provided by the manufacturer? Mizuno in a Mizuno box or Callaway in a Callaway box etc.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Just curious, where the clubs in the packaging provided by the manufacturer? Mizuno in a Mizuno box or Callaway in a Callaway box etc.
I asked because on the odd occasion that I have actually bought new irons they have arrived in a box supplied by the manufacturer and were packed in manner guaranteed to protect the clubs.

When I bought new Mizuno's the blades were packed into blocks of foam with blade shaped slots, total separation total protection. I'm 99% certain that a new set of Taylormade came with the same protection.

It seems odd that they didn't arrive in a manufactures box. I wonder what happened to it?

123*

Hacker
Visit site
This was exactly how they arrived when I opened the box.

Not good enough in my opinion, not sure how others feel?

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
That’s terrible, contact them via Twitter, maybe reply to one of their competitions with your comments, they may take notice when it’s a tweet lots of people will see. It’s so frustrating the way these companies are done when your ordering but not interested after

123*

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for the responses, glad to find it wasn’t just me who had concerns about the packaging!

Unfortunately I don’t have social media so can’t contact via that, however, after searching through Twitter I have noticed quite a few people asking for any kind of contact to no avail so doesn’t look like that method would work anyway!

Ridgeman

Visit site
What is it you expect to happen? Under the law just return them and ask for your money back. You don't need to contact them to do that as the free returns function is on their website.

123*

Hacker
Visit site
Hi,

I would return the clubs, however, they state clubs that have been customised (these are 2 degrees up) cannot be returned. Therefore not sure where this leaves me?

Second, I would be out of pocket for sending the clubs back to the tune of around £20, not a huge amount of money but I don’t think it’s particularly fair that I cover the cost of that.

Third, the irons may now be out of stock, I don’t like the idea of waiting several months for a new set. I know people would say get your money back and order from elsewhere but after reading reviews and Twitter people seem to be struggling to actually get the information that they are being refunded.

Fourth, I would just appreciate some kind of response as I would hate to think they may accuse me of having caused the damage in transit when returning the clubs and therefore not accepting fault.

Ridgeman

Visit site
Hi,

I would return the clubs, however, they state clubs that have been customised (these are 2 degrees up) cannot be returned. Therefore not sure where this leaves me?

Second, I would be out of pocket for sending the clubs back to the tune of around £20, not a huge amount of money but I don’t think it’s particularly fair that I cover the cost of that.

Third, the irons may now be out of stock, I don’t like the idea of waiting several months for a new set. I know people would say get your money back and order from elsewhere but after reading reviews and Twitter people seem to be struggling to actually get the information that they are being refunded.

Fourth, I would just appreciate some kind of response as I would hate to think they may accuse me of having caused the damage in transit when returning the clubs and therefore not accepting fault.

I am still unsure what you want

Firstly you legally have the right to return damaged items.

Secondly, you are not going to be out of pocket as they provide a free return service. You don't have to cover the cost.

Thirdly, you have me confused. You seem to be suggesting that you are not willing to wait for more stock? That seems to me that you don't want to send the clubs back you instead want them to offer you a discount?

Fourthly. You could contact the MD direct. His contact details can be found here https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01605709/officers

123*

Hacker
Visit site
I’m simply putting across my experience so far, I’m not looking for an argument, I’m not sure why the defensiveness? I’m sure you would be slightly frustrated at my situation.

As mentioned I would like a response before returning the items as I would not like to be accused of damaging whilst returning them.

Unfortunately the clubs are not covered by the free returns service, therefore I would be out of pocket. See here:

https://www.scottsdalegolf.co.uk/fa...-or-weight-limit-for-the-free-returns-service

No, I don’t want a discount, I would like irons which are in the correct condition but equally don’t want to wait months to receive them.

Thanks for the information. I will do just that!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site