Scottish golf show early bird offer

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone getting the early bird offer?

- 3 free rounds of golf
- £5 AG voucher

For £7.50 (closes 22/02/18)

im wondering what the catch is for the free rounds of golf. Clicking on the chain of links to the various t&c’s, it seems like you have to buy some kind of offer before your “free” round. Eg buy a coffee/lunch deal.

Anyone done one this before?

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
It'll be the same as Bunkered vouchers.....you can only book 7 days in advance (with no catch). Booking further ahead is allowed provider you also book one of their catering options or other special offers. It's a great deal.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
If it's anything like the London golf shows I've been to I'd save my money. I reckon they should have paid me to attend !

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've been to a few of them. You can pick up some decent bargains and there is a good size indoor driving range with (normally but I cant see as they're not listed yet) most of the major manufacturers.
For £7.50 it's not a bad price for a day walking around but be careful where you park. It cost £8 to park at the Camping, Caravan and Motorhome show last week on the main car park.
I've looked at the courses and nothing there leaps out. There have been better ones in past years.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
If it's anything like the London golf shows I've been to I'd save my money. I reckon they should have paid me to attend !
Do it every year. The show itself is guff. Waiting too long to get on anything interesting. Only go for the vouchers. Watch the T's &C's for booking. We usually only go for courses that let you book more than 7 days in advance as long as you buy grub. Tend to avoid those that have the 'return within 2 months for £20' ones and the 'hire a buggy' ones. If you're flexible and can work within 7 days notice it's a very good deal.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Booked tickets last week for this. Not too fussed about it myself but a pal of mines wanted to go. We have booked for royal Musselburgh, dalmahoy and burntisland. All 3 I've never played before and even with the extra T&Cs on it there only like £20 to play.

I've been before and probs wouldnt try out any of the gear so will just have a walk round, spend my £5 ag voucher on some gloves, make my free bet and collect the vouchers and head home. It's a day out and not much expense.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been before and it's ok as long as you go in not expecting much. I didn't even use any of my vouchers when I went a few years ago.

I quite liked the wee fun games though- £1 a go on each station to try and win stuff.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It'll be the same as Bunkered vouchers.....you can only book 7 days in advance (with no catch). Booking further ahead is allowed provider you also book one of their catering options or other special offers. It's a great deal.

Ah ok. I thought the catering deals were a must.

How come?

I've been to a few of them. You can pick up some decent bargains and there is a good size indoor driving range with (normally but I cant see as they're not listed yet) most of the major manufacturers.
For £7.50 it's not a bad price for a day walking around but be careful where you park. It cost £8 to park at the Camping, Caravan and Motorhome show last week on the main car park.
I've looked at the courses and nothing there leaps out. There have been better ones in past years.

Good point! I’ll have to check out what the parking is like.

Booked tickets last week for this. Not too fussed about it myself but a pal of mines wanted to go. We have booked for royal Musselburgh, dalmahoy and burntisland. All 3 I've never played before and even with the extra T&Cs on it there only like £20 to play.

I've been before and probs wouldnt try out any of the gear so will just have a walk round, spend my £5 ag voucher on some gloves, make my free bet and collect the vouchers and head home. It's a day out and not much expense.

I don’t care about the show. It’s the feee golf I’m after!

elmoag

Club Champion
Visit site
This is the best ever offer they have done and as many have said a good value day out

personally I have attended every Scottish golf show and aside from the free ag shows last year it is the best consumer golf show In Europe by a mile. I thought last year was a good refresh as it had perhaps became a little jaded.
I know this years plans are to take another step up again.
Looking forward to it
Premier league darts is on at the hydro the night before it starts so we are making a weekend of it :)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Always thought that the Scottish Golf show was a damp squid. Only decent thing last year was 4 free Pro V's and I don't even use Pro V!

All it is, is a chance for American Golf to try and flog all their guff and a marketing grab by every other company who is there. Very little interested me the last few years and I won't be attending this years event. Was offered free tickets at the beginning of the week but declined them.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

We [ 8 ] are trying for the same 3 courses, so fingers crossed/

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We [ 8 ] are trying for the same 3 courses, so fingers crossed/

Here's hoping, I assumed that not many folk had taken uo the early bird offer since they extended it so vouchers should be good.

We only went for royal Musselburgh and Dalmahoy because there close to us and the others close other than Cardrona weren't worth it for us.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Here's hoping, I assumed that not many folk had taken uo the early bird offer since they extended it so vouchers should be good.

We only went for royal Musselburgh and Dalmahoy because there close to us and the others close other than Cardrona weren't worth it for us.

We hope to do Musselburgh some Sunday late May and stay there over night, then Dalmahoy on the Monday afternoon on the way back to Lanarkshire. Maybe Burntisland later in the year

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Waste of a day, just an AG shop with manufacturers showing off current ranges. Overpriced food and drink, better off going for a round at your local course and spending some cash in the pro shop.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Waste of a day, just an AG shop with manufacturers showing off current ranges. Overpriced food and drink, better off going for a round at your local course and spending some cash in the pro shop.

Doesnt feel like a waste of a day if you get 3 free rounds of golf out of it!