Scottish Based Irish?

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are there any other Scottish based Irish members of the Forum who would be willing to along with me challange the Scottish members after their victory over England.

Depending on numbers of Scot based Irish.
Options are a game based in Ayrshire or if any Irish members would like to travel over from the homeland Ryanair fly into Prestwick and P and O go into Troon from Larne.

I would be willing to arrange accommodation and the golf for anyone wanting to stay a night or two. After reading about the success of Scot V Eng( great job everybody) I thought I might as well start the ball rolling.

It could be arranged for sometime this summer.

Technically this should be in arrange a game section...sorry

Any takers??

T

thecraw

With my surname and very distant Irish blood I could be do a McGeady and defect if the price is right!!!!

Naw, seriously I would happily make up numbers if the Scots lads want to stay together as after all they are proven winners.

Count me in as a definate maybe for either side!!!

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers Craw,

Just really putting out the feelers now. If there is enough interest I would be happy to help sort things out. Will just have to wait and see what numbers are like.

Are there any Irish who would be willing to travel to Scotland for a couple of days golfing later in the summer?
Maybe the Scots can travel to Ireland in the future to sample the greens and the Black Stuff.

pierreman

Club Champion
Visit site
Based in N Yorkshire. Would be interested but would depend heavily on finances at the time and the cost and dates involved. I suppose a tentative "I am interested" at this stage.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Although I have been living in Scotland for 13 years now I will be representing Ireland. It will be like the rugby. North and South together. Unless we have an abundance of numbers from both but to begin with I propose a joint team.

Depending on numbers off course.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
This sounds like world cup elegibility to me!
How many home footballers play for their respective countries, because their grandfathers au pair once lived in Wales! Their Great great granmother once went on holiday to Scotland!

Only joking fellas! I'm sure there'll be plenty Irish living in Scotland or England for that matter. Let's face it, many many people have Oirish blood in them.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
farneyman, im the opposite of what you looking for in your OP, as a Scot living in Co. Donegal.

I am back home in the Kingdom of Fife a few times a year and would love to get involved if you arrange anything on either soil. I would love to represent Scotland but as my wife and two children are born and bred in Derry/Donegal and I have lived here for 15 years, I could use the Citizinship laws and turn out for Ireland if it meant getting a game sorted against the already successful Scottish side.