Scott Readman Concepts

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ok.Ill start with a disclaimer.

It's no secret that I am particularly keen on their products and now that I have somewhat of a collection going, I've decided to post up a review for all you good people.

Scott Readman Concepts, for those not in the know are a small company based in Bristol. They are a small outfit but have quite a following on the various worldwide golf tours including people like Ross Fisher, Alex Noren, Danny Willett, Kiradech Aphibarnrat, Tony Jacklin, Andy Sullivan, Chris Wood, Ian Poulter, Ben An, Eddie Pepperell, Joost Luiten... I could keep going bit I think you get where I'm going :)

Small in the corporate stakes certainly does not mean small on the quality front! Simply putt (.... See what I did there), every single product I have had the privilege of having from them has been nothing short of exceptional!

From their stock pieces (... Of which there are plenty!) to their bespoke, custom pieces, the service, quality and the attention to detail is nothing short of astounding!

To give some examples, below is a selection of pieces I have had made by them.

This is a custom job (... Received today) of a head cover, valuables bag and tee bag made from a towelling blanket used by both my boys.

Here's one made from a baby grow. Again worn by both my boys:

My alignment stick cover:

Personalised head cover and valuables pouch from their Harris Tweed range:

Another personalised Harris Tweed cover for my dad:

And my Banksy Consumer Jesus:

Not to everyone's taste, I'll concede but then again if we were all the same it would be a boring grey world :)

Are they cheap? That depends.

If you want a Sports Direct special that will fall apart after 3 rounds, then yes, you'll baulk at the price.

If however, if you like something that is considerably higher in quality, beautifully made and can be designed to your own specific requirements and don't mind paying a little more, you'll probably find them quite reasonable.

The one thing that I love the most. The thing that really sets them apart from others is in the third paragraph. They do a hell of a lot of work for tour pros. Work that you can't often find at club golfer level, especially to this quality and standard. Work that these guys make available to everyday golfers to have something a little bit special should the feel the need.

Tempted? I wouldn't be surprised of you were.

If you'd like to get a better look at some of their work have a look here:

http://www.scottreadmanconcepts.co.uk/epages/es672061.mobile?ClassicView=1

You can also contact them directly on 0117 3294414 (...Ask for Emma, she's brilliant!) or you can email them at:

info@scottreadmanconcepts.co.uk

I'm off to spec' up my next project for them :thup:

Last edited:

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nope and yer obsessed G! obsessed!:D

I really have to draw the line at condoms for alignment sticks. they only cost 15 quid, why bother buying covers that prob cost a lot more.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nope and yer obsessed G! obsessed!:D

I really have to draw the line at condoms for alignment sticks. they only cost 15 quid, why bother buying covers that prob cost a lot more.

Like anything Brendy bobs, it comes down to personal choice.

I'm sure you only play Dunlop balls and Slazenger clubs if cost is all you're concerned about? :smirk:

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got an email from Emma saying she'd like a bit more time to give my design some more thought, so I won't get it for Xmas which I'm not too fussed about. But I'm certainly going back to get another custom design on 1 or 2 other products.

D

Deleted member 1740

I've just emailed Emma asking if she can design me something bespoke using a snot rag I've been using for the last few weeks, I reckon it'll look great hanging out of the top pocket of my overalls.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
“Your order from Scott Readman will be delivered on Monday 11th December”

I hold the OP totally responsible!! 😀😀

D

Deleted member 16999

Got some bespoke items being sorted as we speak.

As Gareth alluded to, not everyones taste, but if you're looking for a unique gift for a golfer in your family these products are superb and for just a fiver on top of the purchase price they will embroid up to 3 letters on the item, making them even more unique and individual to that person, also making it look like you care more than you may :whistle:

D

Deleted member 16999

I've just emailed Emma asking if she can design me something bespoke using a snot rag I've been using for the last few weeks, I reckon it'll look great hanging out of the top pocket of my overalls.

if she says no, you can use it to cover your windscreen in winter. :whoo:

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Some of this stuff looks pretty good, others maybe not so much. However:

"Banksy, an anonymous phenomenon. A Bristol born artist famous for his graffiti which carry strong political messages and wickedly dark humour. His meaningful and powerful art portrays strong views of anti-war, anti-consumerism , anti-fascism, anti-authoritarianism, existentialism, to name but a few. We have been massively inspired by the legend that is Banksy which the following collection celebrates, a fusion of art and golf."

Using an artist who apparently has strong anti-consumerism views to help you sell your luxury goods is a bit contradictory, no?

D

Deleted member 16999

Latest bespoke items arrived, all made from some left over Regimental Tartan I had from the last unit I served with. Really pleased, top quality :thup:

0C6984A7-A549-4BF6-8049-C4D1143A6240.jpg

Cols_Ears

Hacker
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Scott and Emma's work, and been buying stuff from them since they were working out of the back room at Landsdowne GC.

I had the first small blade cover they designed for a Tad Moore forged blade (think 8802 style), and it went from there. I think I'm up to 5 headcovers, a valuables bag, a belt and a putter plus one headcover that I got for a friends significant birthday. Currently I have a putter on order, plus a bespoke babygrow cover and tee bag (I hadn't seen he OPs post when it was ordered but had seen one they had done for someone else).

As has already been said it's not cheap, but in my opinion it's stuff you can't easily get elsewhere and it top quality, so in my book is worth it.

I'll post some photos of the stuff I have already.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Scott and Emma's work, and been buying stuff from them since they were working out of the back room at Landsdowne GC.

I had the first small blade cover they designed for a Tad Moore forged blade (think 8802 style), and it went from there. I think I'm up to 5 headcovers, a valuables bag, a belt and a putter plus one headcover that I got for a friends significant birthday. Currently I have a putter on order, plus a bespoke babygrow cover and tee bag (I hadn't seen he OPs post when it was ordered but had seen one they had done for someone else).

As has already been said it's not cheap, but in my opinion it's stuff you can't easily get elsewhere and it top quality, so in my book is worth it.

I'll post some photos of the stuff I have already.

Good man!!