Scott Gourlay. Peter Arnott. - Swanston golf course Edinburgh.

darriusdax

Visit site
Hi Folks, Can anyone recommend these guys in Edinburgh, I have read that Scott Gourlay is one of the best club fitters in the world and that Pete Arnott is a top instructor... Cheers.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
75 knicker for the actual fitting... im guessing he adds a premium to the clubs and shafts too.. or are they similar price to other golf shops.

It depends on what you go for. He does a lot of bespoke stuff as well as main stream brands. Shafts can be expensive as well by the time he adds his wizardry!

I'd personally speak to them and set a budget that you're comfortable with.

darriusdax

Visit site
It depends on what you go for. He does a lot of bespoke stuff as well as main stream brands. Shafts can be expensive as well by the time he adds his wizardry!

I'd personally speak to them and set a budget that you're comfortable with.
thanks very much for the advice jacko.... im doing so much work on my fitness and swing that it would maybe be nuts to spend a fortune at this stage.. maybe hold on to my current clubs.... its a tricky chicken and egg scenario...

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
thanks very much for the advice jacko.... im doing so much work on my fitness and swing that it would maybe be nuts to spend a fortune at this stage.. maybe hold on to my current clubs.... its a tricky chicken and egg scenario...

Contact him, he's very approachable.

There are others on here who have had fittings with him who may advise differently.

darriusdax

Visit site
Contact him, he's very approachable.

There are others on here who have had fittings with him who may advise differently.
i might get a few lessons with peter arnott up at swanston and get his advice, he might say learn to swing the club first lol... and i can nip in and speak to scott if hes there....

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a fitting off Scott few year back and got some vega irons. The bloke knows his stuff. I travelled from Sunderland up to Craigmillar where he was based before.

Moogie has recently had a fitting off him although I believe a different Scott does the fittings now.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a fitting off Scott few year back and got some vega irons. The bloke knows his stuff. I travelled from Sunderland up to Craigmillar where he was based before.

Moogie has recently had a fitting off him although I believe a different Scott does the fittings now.

Scott Fraser but also a knowledgeable guy himself.

darriusdax

Visit site
A bit late to this but can recommend Scott Your pay unreservedly. He fitted me with shafts for both driver and irons and I sttill use them albeit with different heads 7 years on....
not too late, im still researching.... i will see the pro at Swanston first for lessons then go to Scott for a fitting.... cheers.

Springveldt

Visit site
My brother went to him and got fitted a few months ago for new Srixon irons and woods. He says it was top notch and he gave him a good trade in price on his old irons too.