Scarcroft

Mandofred

Visit site
Heading to Scarcroft tomorrow (reciprocal with our course). After playing Moor Allerton about 3 weeks ago....which really helps to have played it once to see where things are.....anything that would help me before I go? One hole I remember on Moor Allerton....around 14 or so.....I hit a second shot to the green that was just a hair to the left of the middle of the green...decent shot I thought until I took a few steps more after hitting the shot and found out anything to the left of the middle line fell off a semi-cliff and down to a stream. We'll probably head back to Moor Allerton in another month or so....but it will be easier the second time having played it once.

NearHull

Visit site
I’m there on Monday. The first is long, if you are a long hitter and can reach in two, beware of the approach ditch some 40/50 yards from the green.

Mandofred

Visit site
I’m there on Monday. The first is long, if you are a long hitter and can reach in two, beware of the approach ditch some 40/50 yards from the green.
I'm getting old....wimpy......NOT a long hitter. I started looking at the online flyover views.....there are some dangers on the first few holes. I got bored and didn't look much further. I'm hoping the scorecard indicates ditches etc.

NearHull

Visit site
I rate the course and look forward to playing there each year in an Open. Last thought is the par 5 , I think 14 or 15, the approach shot over water is a club longer than it measures.