Saturday memberships

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
Hello all

Just wondering if any clubs offer Saturday only memberships? Being a non member myself with a full time job and two kids finding time for golf can be tricky. Saturday represents the best time for me to play but as a non member I can't get out on a Saturday. If a club offered sat only memberships it would work out brilliantly for me as not only would I be able to play every week but I could also play in comps and get an official handicap. Long term it would also encourage me to become more involved and linked to one club instead of being a nomad playing with whoever and whenever I can get a game. It would also allow me to still enjoy those fun little Friday afternoon games on different courses without feeling guilty that I was wasting my money on membership for another club.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
You could try some of the clubs linked to a muni. Heaton Park Muni near me has a club. Cost £50yr membership. Have comps ever Saturday. So get pref bookings that day you still have to pay the green fee though £20 a round but your only paying when you play. Have a nice club house too. Plus you can get a handicap.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hello all

Just wondering if any clubs offer Saturday only memberships? Being a non member myself with a full time job and two kids finding time for golf can be tricky. Saturday represents the best time for me to play but as a non member I can't get out on a Saturday. If a club offered sat only memberships it would work out brilliantly for me as not only would I be able to play every week but I could also play in comps and get an official handicap. Long term it would also encourage me to become more involved and linked to one club instead of being a nomad playing with whoever and whenever I can get a game. It would also allow me to still enjoy those fun little Friday afternoon games on different courses without feeling guilty that I was wasting my money on membership for another club.

Not that I have ever heard of. If you want to play at weekends then you have to pay the full 7 day membership. The only way around it, I suspect, would be to join somewhere like a Devere club where you pay for a certain amount of 'credits' then top up once you have used them.

If a club near me had weekend only membership I would be signed up in a shot but unlikley to happen as a large precentage of revenue comes from golfers who can only play at the weekend but have to pay for the whole week for the privelege of playing at the busiest time.

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you play every Saturday in theory wouldn't membership be cheaper? I have to play I think it's 1and a half times a month to make my membership cheaper than green fees