Ryder Cup - Paul Casey

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry if its already been mentioned but has anyone seen the prank Rory,Stenson,Poults and Fleetwood played on Bjorn.
im sure someone can find it and post a link.
250,000 pounds and he says he will ask,looks like its a win at all costs[come on Europe].

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Rafa showed fire at the last RC, Fitz went out with a whimper.

Plus he's played less than Fitzpatrick on the European Tour and is ahead of him.

I also noticed that Knox has played 7 events less than Rafa and 8 less than Fitzpatrick and is comfortably ahead of both. Maybe we're bumming up the wrong candidate!

D

Deleted member 15344

Plus he's played less than Fitzpatrick on the European Tour and is ahead of him.

I also noticed that Knox has played 7 events less than Rafa and 8 less than Fitzpatrick and is comfortably ahead of both. Maybe we're bumming up the wrong candidate!
Knox had two good finishers in France and Ireland which were “Rolex” events meaning the points were doubled I think they are

His story is the same as Fitzpatrick- a win and some good finishes plus a load of missed cuts putting him just outside the worlds top 60 and is below Fitzpatrick on both the World and European points list - if he had continued that form from July he prob would have walked into the team by auto pick

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Why not Fitzpatrick- he has shown pedigree in matchplay - won the US Amatuer did he not ?

Rafa has done well milking points on the US tour based on the field but yet actually hasn’t done much , Fitzpatrick has actually shown he can get over the line - same with Wallace. Rafas WR etc is on the way down , where as Fitzpatrick is on the way up

So if Casey was to have an issue that would mean he would need to pull out then for me the obvious pick would be Fitzpatrick based on his recent winning form. Rafa it appears cant get over the winning line so you could question his winning ability. But I suspect it will all be a mute point because I don’t expect Casey to withdraw

I don’t think winning strokeplay is the be all for picking a match play squad.
Rafa has won far more recently than Fitz won in the amateur, or do historical results only count when it suits a viewpoint?

Was Fitzpatricks ranking on the way up prior to the win?

I can see a debate between Rafa and Fitz, Wallace has won agaisnt lesser opponents, but if Fitz winning once is so important then surely wining 3 times means Wallace should go as a replacement, if necessary?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Can't see Wallace getting a sniff given the strength of field. His time will come. Between RCB and Fitzpatrick and given their previous RC form alone if would be RCB and I think he's better suited to the RC. However I think it'll be a nothing story. Casey has plenty of time to get physio/treatment if required and I have no doubt whatsoever that he and Bjorn have spoken following his withdrawal

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
You did notice that when Rors, Stenson, Poulter and Fleetwood were making their mock video that Casey the "team man" wasn't in sight!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
You did notice that when Rors, Stenson, Poulter and Fleetwood were making their mock video that Casey the "team man" wasn't in sight!
Didn’t they make it after the Bmw?

Casey has already called off sick, add to that the car fits four people comfortable. So from what I can see 7 other team players weren’t there either.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Don't believe the others were playing in USA.

Did Casey not only decided to pull out when it went into the Monday?

Certainly not doing anything to shake the not a team player tag that he carries.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Don't believe the others were playing in USA.

Did Casey not only decided to pull out when it went into the Monday?

Certainly not doing anything to shake the not a team player tag that he carries.

What was he supposed to do? Carry their bags? It seemed to me that they had it all planned. Stenson and McIlroy played the seasoned pros, mr Ryder cup and then a rookie to mock.

I think you’re seeing something in nothing here I’m afraid.

And others were also there too.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Actually prefer Casey to Poulter as a player but can't stand his arrogance.

Prefer Poulter as a person. If that makes sense.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
It wouldn’t surprise me if Casey left things too late and ended up not being able to contribute and not owning up to not being fit enough to play 4 rounds in 3 days.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Technically he only has to play one, Sunday singles however if he's not fit for that I believe it's called a halved match.

Play zero, walk away with 0.5 points!!!