Ryder Cup 2016 - best UK venue to visit during the event

robert.redmile

Assistant Pro
Visit site
been thinking about next years Ryder Cup - didn't get tickets in the ballot, so gonna have to miss it next year. (probably for the best given my general level of spending on golf!) - but I was wondering if any UK venues are hosting any "ryder cup" themed weekends over the weekend of the actual event - the time delay is perfect for golf in the morning, beer and ryder cup watching in the afternoon.

Perhaps some of the big golf hotels are running something, with competitions, teams organised by the Hotels themselves to play in a kind of ryder cup format, or if anyone on here is planning to run something in which case can me and mates have an invite?!!

I'm sure the demand is out there for this to happen, and it would be a right laugh I reckon,
Rob

D

Deleted member 15344

I wouldn't expect clubs to host "Ryder Cup" events for guests etc

They will have cheap deals on at places like Gleneagles etc and will show the RC on tellys etc

Clubs might hold some sort of comp for their members but even then i don't think it's massive

robert.redmile

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't expect clubs to host "Ryder Cup" events for guests etc

They will have cheap deals on at places like Gleneagles etc and will show the RC on tellys etc

Clubs might hold some sort of comp for their members but even then i don't think it's massive

Wasn't thinking about clubs as such, was thinking about the big golf hotels like Q, Marriot, Belfry etc.....

D

Deleted member 15344

Wasn't thinking about clubs as such, was thinking about the big golf hotels like Q, Marriot, Belfry etc.....

They will offer cheap deals but don't see them offering any competitions as such for guests

GeneralStore

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I was at Celtic Manor during the Ryder Cup at Medina and as you say it was perfect. Played golf during the day and then watched golf and drank beer after. Lovely stuff

Could arrange the 'Ryder Cup' privatley though. How many mates are you going away with?