Ryder Cup 2010 - already

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just had a survey arrive for Ryder Cup 2010. Several questions were on pricing; what's the most you would pay. what do you regard as cheap, would you be prepared to sell the kids etc. None of the prices started at Free

having learnt to read between the line of most surveys;

Expect: significant ticket prices for the Practice days - three of them so more in the coffers.
Expect: day tickets in three figures
Expect: significant parking charges and so far away you'll need a bus (probably no free park and ride either), unless you're prepared to cough up more to get closer.
Expect: higher charges for catering
Expect: the average punter (most of us) to be marginalised in favour of corporate hospitality.

There was also a question on ticket distribution; priority for how PGA events you attend, debenture schemes, ballot, first come first served etc. I said no more than four tickets per day per person

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Typical really.

Why, oh why do us Brits put on big events? OK, great for the country, puts us o the map.
The sucker punch then comes with the usual rip off stuff going on in the background such as ticket prices, catering, refreshments etc.

Quite honestly it makes me sick, rip off the punters time.

Watch a football match at Wembley or a big premier league club = a cost approaching hundreds of pounds including the stuff that goes with it.
Go and watch Real Madrid, Inter Milan for a fraction of the cost.

jeffc

Head Pro
Visit site
exactly the kind of reason I don't go to footie matches either.

Bike racing bsbs/wsb/motogp do it for reasonable prices & value for money in the uk so why don't other sports - suppose it depends on the target market.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
cant beat the prices for european tour events got 2 tickets for the british masters for 20 quid great value with all the top players you see and the time spent there

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a look at the Corporate hospitality tickets, as I can usually get things like that through my company. We were quoted £25,000 (excl VAT) for 10 people, 5 days. I think that included lunch, a programme and a free bar all three days (and 2 practice).

Now I can hold my own when it comes to drinking, and I know some real big hitters in that department, but how much would we have to get through to get our money's worth there?

Instead, I will be having a golf day in the North of England, with an afternoon piss up watching it on the box.