Ryder Farce tickets

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
But again I would suspect you could only do that if you were intending to use the photographs for commercial purposes? i.e. then you have to get a photographers official ticket.

Regardless of intent who can say what commercial value can be attached to any photo. For example you pay to spectate and believe you can take pics for personal use then you happen to snap Tiger & Sergio going toe to toe in a bunker or Rory having a tooth out on the 14th and put it on your personal twitface page (who might now able to sell the image worldwide) the commercial value lost cant really be undone once its out there

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I didn't apply for the same reason as many of you. Their rules seem to allow them to do exactly what they like with your/my money and take away all our rights which is counter to all consumer regulations and stopping many of us enjoying our sports greatest events.

I wonder if these restrictions are 'reasonable' which is what all consumer sales conditions must be. The Distance Selling regulations and the Sale of Goods Act are pretty specific and I believe would give the OP grounds for a refund.

If the OP paid by credit card (not bank debit card) the card company might refund because the Sale as not been completed and Terms are unreasonable. I would be tempted to file a claim for breach of contract at the Small Claims Court on-line - win or loose I'd enjoy causing these upstarts hassle !

I'd speak to the Consumer advice service.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I didn't apply for the same reason as many of you. Their rules seem to allow them to do exactly what they like with your/my money and take away all our rights which is counter to all consumer regulations and stopping many of us enjoying our sports greatest events.

I wonder if these restrictions are 'reasonable' which is what all consumer sales conditions must be. The Distance Selling regulations and the Sale of Goods Act are pretty specific and I believe would give the OP grounds for a refund.

If the OP paid by credit card (not bank debit card) the card company might refund because the Sale as not been completed and Terms are unreasonable. I would be tempted to file a claim for breach of contract at the Small Claims Court on-line - win or loose I'd enjoy causing these upstarts hassle !

I'd speak to the Consumer advice service.

That's an excellent idea re the CC company, hadn't thought of that as it was Aug last year the money was taken.

Spoken to them this morning and it has to go through their disputes team, takes about 7 days. Based on the comments you made it does seem very unreasonable and against consumer protection to have such strict rules.

I noticed also in the ticket companies email to me that if 'Any person seeking to use a ticket acquired in breach of the conditions will be classed as a trespasser and will be refused entry or rejected from the venue. In these circumstances, no refund will be payable and the person will be liable to legal action'

that breach includes donating, giving to a family member or friend if you are ill etc:eek::eek:

beggars belief that a company can behave this way and obviously with the approval of the Ryder Cup committee:eek:

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
just seen someone advertising a sunday ticket after being told he could have a refund provided he can give the ticket agency a name and number of someone who will immediately buy the said ticket? and they will transfer name and pic too.

SVB

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
just seen someone advertising a sunday ticket after being told he could have a refund provided he can give the ticket agency a name and number of someone who will immediately buy the said ticket? and they will transfer name and pic too.

I have no reason to disbelieve the individual, but this pragmatic solution does seem to fly in the face of all other experience of buying RC tickets so, even as a keen and potential buyer, I've resigned myself to watching on the tele and not try and get a ticket by any other means as I fear falling foul of the draconian rules around ticket sale and no onward re-sale.

Simon.

SteveBonners

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Ryder Cup is now a corporate event and whilst the "fans" are needed to give the atmosphere , it is really the Company sponsorship and the TV rights that they are worried about.

I guess that reflects the modern world and is true in so many sports

I am lucky enough ( and old enough) to remember having a day at the 1981 Ryder Cup at Walton Heath. A great USA team, no need to buy tickets in advance and a limited tented village, where you might be able to buy a souvenir ball marker /bag tag and get a bacon bap/cup of tea!!