• 60 lob wedge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no lob wedge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Down_The_Middle

Head Pro
Visit site
Whats the ruling if your ball is plugged in the rough.It happened to me today in our medal. None of us in the group were sure what to do so I played it as I found it

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Technically, I think, its too bad unless your Committee has ruled that you can lift,clean and place due to abnormal ground conditions - ie wet!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
In any closely mown area through the green you can pick, clean and dropped no nearer the hole as close as possible to where the ball lay (rule 25-2). If it is plugged in the rough it has to be played as it lies unless provision made under local rules

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
As a general rule that alot of clubs adopt is
If the ball is plugged in the fairway, it can be lifted cleaned and PLACED under winter rules.
If plugged in the rough it can be lifted cleaned and DROPPED, not nearer the hole of course

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Almost all Golf clubs I have played at have preffered lies 'through the green' Doesn't mention anything about fairway, firts cut, rough etc.

I would play it as bobmac said, fairway: lift, clean, place.
Rough: lift and drop.

The way I see it, winter rules designed to keep the game as enjoyable as it is in summer. If you hit the fairway, you should be rewarded with a nice clean ball/lie. If you in the rough its a tough shot so no clean ball/lie. But you cant be expected to play a ball you cant even see.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It can only be classed as abnormal conditions if there is a notice to say so before you go out.

Winter rules = lift clean and place within 6" not nearer the hole, through the green (which means close cut grass, fairways, aprons and greens, not rough, or oddly, tee areas).

Plugged in the rough? Unless there is a notice regarding abnormal conditions, or provision within your winter rules as a local rule, it is tough luck. Play it as it lies, or take a penalty.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Through the green is as mog said but it is the teeing grounds on the hole you are playing that is not considered through the green - all other tees are....

The only allowance under the rules are for a temporary local rule of preferred lies of the 6 inch variety on closely mown areas throught the green and also embedded (plugged) ball through the green but the committee must establish a temporary local rule...any other made up drop/place in the rough etc then any competition should not count for handicapping purposes....

Mickyhughes

Visit site
Re: Qualifying competitions for handicap

Is any other club playing qualifying competitions at the moment?
My handicap is going up point 1 with every round as it's impossible to get a decent score on frozen tees, greens, rubbishy greens etc. Our Comp Sec says all individual comps have to be qualifiers as per CONGU. Seems daft to me.
Cheers
Micky :mad:

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
Re: Qualifying competitions for handicap

Is any other club playing qualifying competitions at the moment?
My handicap is going up point 1 with every round as it's impossible to get a decent score on frozen tees, greens, rubbishy greens etc. Our Comp Sec says all individual comps have to be qualifiers as per CONGU. Seems daft to me.
Cheers
Micky :mad:
Technically the answer is here http://www.englishgolfunion.org/showpage.asp?code=0001000200090006

Long story short, as long as it is played over a full measured course then it will count.

Thing is if you are going up, then there is a CSS being returned, if the course/conditions were that bad, it would end up as a non-counting competition on players scores.