rule on teeing off with wired stance

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
im sure there is no rule but just in case. last night in bed i was thinking of trying a wired stance with my driver for today. so today i tried it on the first hole in a friendly and i hit it dead straight and about 240-250 yards. the stance is right leg in normal postion and my left left way behind me in a wide stance in which allows my drivers to impact at a great angel but on a flat plane on the back swing. i done in total of 3 times on the course and it worked every time. if you saw me teeing up like this you would probably think wtf is this guy doing but it worked every time without doubt. i dont plan on using it all the time but just until i get some better advice on getting some consistency.

i will post a pic later when i get home.

and NO the ruling aint for the bed part ....lol

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
the stance is right leg in normal postion and my left left way behind me in a wide stance in which allows my drivers to impact at a great angel but on a flat plane on the back swing.

I have visions of slicing the ball straight into the cabbage at either Brent Valley or Perivale. Alternatively, you might find the car park at West Mid.

:)

If standing open means you cream it down the middle, who cares! Enjoy....

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you mean wide open, ie aiming about 45° left, then you can hit it straight by having the ball towards the back of your stance where the club is still on it's way 'out'.

So the club is pointing right of your foot line at impact but the feet are aiming left.

I'm surprised JustOne hasn't posted. It sounds like how he hits hit driver sometimes.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Didn't need to.... there's no ruling pertaining to stance when teeing off, as far as I know. You could stand on one leg or backwards if you feel like it.

Yup no ruling. Definition within the rules is: "Taking the "stance" consists in a player placing his feet in position for and preparatory to making a stroke."

The only ruling would be if you were using an unusual stance to obtain relief from something that a resonable stance would not grant you.