rule on teeing off with wired stance

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
The only ruling would be if you were using an unusual stance to obtain relief from something that a resonable stance would not grant you.

Not sure about that either.... Seve on both knees to hit under the conifers with a 3-wood comes to mind

[video=youtube;g5JfA1D1pkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5JfA1D1pkc[/video]

You could probably lie down if you wanted to....

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure about that either.... Seve on both knees to hit under the conifers with a 3-wood comes to mind

[video=youtube;g5JfA1D1pkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5JfA1D1pkc[/video]

You could probably lie down if you wanted to....

Didn't try to obtain relief under the rules by adopting that position to play his shot. Love that video though.

Last edited:

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Wow I caused a stir here ;)
Just a few things
1) spelt weird incorrectly.
2) this was a drunken debate with an old friend.
3)yes I had a few cans
4) now I've started this I may as well post a pic when I can but I tried it again Today down the range and it works a treat.
But I dont want to look like more of a pillock on the course so i will be just using my my 3 wood. Maybe if I post a video of my swing with the driver you can give us some pointers.
I'm trying to get my game back together now as I had a bout a 14-16 month break due to breaking my thumb, shoulder and foot all in one year ;-0. I had a hc of 13 but now playing a round between 16-19 shots over so I'm hoping to join a club again so to get myself a new handicap.
Oops went of the subject a little bit, sorry.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes we guessed a few jars was involved:) Seems an invitation for a slice how you describe it though. It doesn't matter how it looks if it works, some of the swings I see from some players makes you wonder how they hit the ball never mind how low the scores are they shoot. Best to get a vid uploaded though so it can become clearer.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He did however he was a bit more talented than the average joe soap like you and I!! A controlled fade he called it once

Yes he did hit a fade, like many tour players, although Tiger is struggling to hit one at the moment.

Joe soap! Well maybe a bar of 'Dove' super smooth ;)

Last edited:

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes he did hit a fade, like many tour players, although Tiger is struggling to hit one at the moment.

Joe soap! Well maybe a bar of 'Dove' super smooth ;)

Trevino's Fade is a bit more pronounced than most though. I seem to remember him having some sort of ailment/injury which made him address the ball this way add that to the fact he had a poor upbringing therefore being self taught along with being very talented it all slotted into place for him. I know if I did the same as him it would be a massive slice OB. Tiger is struggling full stop and has been for years to many injuries have seen him off I reckon. Prefer Imperial Leather to Dove:)