Royal County Down

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have been lucky enough to play RCD thanks to GM but as I’m turning 40 in September, myself and a good friend are going to treat ourselves. I have heard the stories about £150 green fees and having to write a letter to the club to be allowed a tee time.

So really what I wanted was a bit of advice on booking tee times there, likelihood of price, waiting times etc.. I know guys who have played it for £30 during open weeks but doubtful that will be happening in September.

Thanks in advance for any advice

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
a group of us are looking at going for a few days and playing RCD and Portrush, we were quoted £220 to play midweek, but i'd imagine you may be able to get a slight discount if you are a member of a NI Golf Union affiliated club .

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
there is no Northern Ireland union as such but if you are a GUI member you get a very handsome discount, myself, palindromic Bob and Smange paid £60 each for a June date a while back.

Last edited:

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have been lucky enough to play RCD thanks to GM but as I’m turning 40 in September, myself and a good friend are going to treat ourselves. I have heard the stories about £150 green fees and having to write a letter to the club to be allowed a tee time.

So really what I wanted was a bit of advice on booking tee times there, likelihood of price, waiting times etc.. I know guys who have played it for £30 during open weeks but doubtful that will be happening in September.

Thanks in advance for any advice

My lovely wife booked me two rounds for my birthday this time last year, no idea how much she paid but whatever it was it was worth it. I doubt she did any more than ring RCD and ask to book a tee time(s).

BTW - Best golf course I have ever played by a long long way.