Rowlands Castle and Waterlooville

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anybody played either / both of these courses? Thinking of playing them myself somewhen in the future so just looking to see what opinions / information people have on them. Would be interested to know what drainage is like as may well play them over winter / spring.

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
Rowlands is quite a nice course nothing spectacular quite a few dog leg holes when I’ve played always been in good condition club house is nice also always worth a visit has been quite busy sometimes

TheUnwashed

Visit site
Only play either of them when it hasn’t been wet as neither drains well at all.

Waterlooville is good but very forgiving off the tee where you can get away with being massively wayward.

Rowland’s Castle is ok but doesn’t really inspire me.

I’d be looking to go 20-30 minutes away and play Blackmoor, Liphook, Goodwood Downs, Hayling, Alresford to name but a few.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was a member at the Ville for years as a junior. Greens are brill in summer but course get very wet in winter.

It’s only wide off the tee if you’re REALLY wide. If your 10yds off the fairway you’re in the trees on every hole.

Not a fan of Rowlands. I find it super boring (oh and they’re a rival of Waterlooville).